Area Vice President Enterprise Sales
- Any City, NV
Commvault is the world's most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers' businesses forward. We're all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
This is a highly strategic position. The ideal candidate is a leader with a proven track record of driving business growth within the Enterprise Sales and partner led organization accountability for the success of our Sales and Business Development within North Americas. The position requires a balance between strategy, ability to execute, collaboration and big picture thinking. This position will report to Commvault’s Vice President of Americas Sales.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategy that maximizes Commvault’s opportunities across all Enterprise product solutions.
- Plans and directs activities including planning and implementing forecasts, marketing program development, relationship development, customer satisfaction and collateral material development and distribution.
- Builds relationships across functions, both within sales and company-wide, to facilitate highly effective sales process.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and performance feedback to across district; participates in succession planning efforts.
- Actively participates with and presents to senior leadership of Commvault the Enterprise sales strategies, progress metrics, and action plans.
- Ensures adherence to both company and external compliance requirements.
Position Requirements include:
- 15+ years’ experience developing and leading complex Enterprise partner relationships. Preference for experience in Infrastructure, Data Management and Enterprise solutions.
- Extensive understanding of and experience managing the Enterprise partnership and what works best with each
- Experience in sales, marketing, strategy and program management in technology including Enterprise sales, supply chain, distribution and OEM
- Curious, creative and innovative.
- Disciplined and accountable. Thoughtful. Demonstrates a tendency to work with a Partner’s needs in mind and work backward from there to achieve mutual success.
- Strong operational discipline and technical project management experience
- Business/Corporate Development experience running all aspects of strategic transactions.
- Experience collaborating with all areas of business from engineering, sales, and marketing cross functional expertise.
- Extremely strong communication and effective negotiation skills.
- Strong persuasive skills and ability to influence decision makers
- Leadership and self-motivation
- Expert knowledge and understanding of all business development activities
- As a consultative business partner, be viewed as a trusted advisor throughout the organization across various business functions (Sales, Marketing, Product, etc.) as well as with external Partners.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a successful track record of running a deal.
- International market development experience is strongly preferred
- B.S. required / M.B.A preferred
Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, our industry's definitive independent ranking. For the seventh straight year, Commvault has been named a leader. And this year we're furthest on the "completeness of vision" and highest on the "ability to execute."
Commvault offers its products through a broad array of distribution partners globally, while building upon its strong portfolio of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Oracle, SAP, Nutanix, Pure, HP, Hitachi, NetApp and many others. Commvault's global headquarters is located in Tinton Falls NJ, with additional offices that support customers globally across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.