Enterprise Account Executive (DC/VA)
- Washington, DC
Commvault is the world's most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers' businesses forward. We're all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
The Enterprise Account Executive is responsible for achieving quota by selling solutions into a defined account list that may include current Commvault customers and high value prospects. The position is a field sales role where the AE will engage in face-to-face sales with customers and prospects either directly or through partners. The Account Executive plans, organizes, leads and controls balanced sales growth, account penetration and customer satisfaction on a long-term multi-quarter basis. This individual may lead a cross-functional sales team and is responsible for creating sales campaigns to penetrate/expand his/her target accounts. The AE must have the ability to articulate an in-depth understanding of the customers’ environment, current challenges/goals and have the ability to align Commvault solutions to those challenges/goals including a financial and strategic value proposition. The candidate must have a history of success in selling complex software platforms (vs. IT component or narrow focused tools) and should have some level of prior engagement with the target account set.
How you will make an impact:
- Achieve quarterly and annual quotas by selling to new and established - large, complex prospects and customer.
- Develop and implement Strategic account plans for target account expansion and new account acquisition including performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Create sale campaigns into target accounts and closely coordinate company executive involvement with customer/prospect leadership.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Manage a matrixed sales team; liaison with clients, Deal Desk, inside sales, partners, channels, sales engineers, professional services, finance and legal to drive a prospect to close
- Establish and maintain a productive, professional relationship with key personnel in assigned customer/prospect accounts.
- Construct and deliver tangible business cases at the CXO level including financial (ROI & TCO), technical and strategic value propositions
- Prepare and present sales proposals and presentations to new and existing clients
- Identify and build strategic relationships with partners and alliances that have existing relationships with the assigned target accounts
- Negotiate and close deals following the company’s practices and processes
- Ensure orders meet all legal and financial requirements
- Maintain a high level of relevant industry, Commvault and competitive knowledge
- Plan, attend and coordinate executive briefings
- Leverage internal sales tools and processes to drive opportunities to a successful close.
Position Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ sales experience.
- Minimum of five years demonstrated success in software sales at the enterprise level; selling six-and-seven figure deals and managing an integrated selling team
- Minimum five years’ experience in the storage management industry
- Deep understanding of the storage management or data management industry, products, competitors, history, emerging trends and changing marketplace
- Minimum of two years success in identifying, building relationships and selling directly or with partners
- Excellent communication skills, persuasive, listening skills
- Background in IT infrastructure
Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, our industry's definitive independent ranking. For the seventh straight year, Commvault has been named a leader. And this year we're furthest on the "completeness of vision" and highest on the "ability to execute."
Commvault offers its products through a broad array of distribution partners globally, while building upon its strong portfolio of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Oracle, SAP, Nutanix, Pure, HP, Hitachi, NetApp and many others. Commvault's global headquarters is located in Tinton Falls NJ, with additional offices that support customers globally across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.