Partner Sales Engineer - New Business Incubation (Remote in PA, NJ, TX or CA)
- Austin, TX, USA
Commvault is the world's most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers' businesses forward. We're all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
Commvault is currently seeking a Partner Sales Engineer to join our New Business Incubation team. The New Business Incubation team is a “start-up” inside of Commvault, building a next generation business. The successful candidate will be a proactive, motivated relationship builder with a strong technical sales skills and a partner activation background. This position will require the management and activation of foundational partners for our new product line. If you are ready for the excitement and challenge of building a new, channel-led, line of business, then this opportunity if for you. This is a remote position with travel and can be based in TX, NJ, PA or CA.
How you will make an impact:
- Drive incremental revenue through the strategic partnership within assigned partners
- Build, manage, and maintain the technical relationships with assigned partners to ensure Commvault solutions are the solution of choice
- Assist partners with prospects/customers interested in adopting the Commvault’s products
- Promote selling of Commvault based on value propositions, competitive differentiators, and advantages
- Provide oversight, guidance, and assistance during the partner’s sales process to ensure mutual success
- Lead technical discussions with partners on the value Commvault can provide to their clients
- Develop and execute partner enablement plans to ensure maximum partner success in selling Commvault solutions
- Develop domain expertise and thought leadership regarding the partners’ current areas of focus
- Establish and maintain technical expertise on current and developing Commvault products and technology
- Execute business initiatives to produce incremental revenue streams
- Distill and communicate customer and partner needs/product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of technical sales, preferably with broad experience and responsibility serving the channel/partner community
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred
- Knowledge of Cloud, SaaS and the data-management space
- Comprehensive competitive landscape knowledge (Druva, Veeam, Rubrik, etc)
- Proven hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: Enterprise storage, VMware or Hyper-V, AWS Cloud Architecture, Enterprise Backup, Windows/Linux, Networking
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with partner and distribution business models
- Ability to deliver on commitments and deliverables in a timely manner and work independently
- Travel, typically, 40-50% depending on home location
- Strong preference will be given to those with a background in data protection and cloud data management
Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, our industry's definitive independent ranking. For the seventh straight year, Commvault has been named a leader. And this year we're furthest on the "completeness of vision" and highest on the "ability to execute."
Commvault offers its products through a broad array of distribution partners globally, while building upon its strong portfolio of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Oracle, SAP, Nutanix, Pure, HP, Hitachi, NetApp and many others. Commvault's global headquarters is located in Tinton Falls NJ, with additional offices that support customers globally across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.