Senior Systems Engineer
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Commvault is the world's most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers' businesses forward. We're all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) is a pre-sales support role primarily focused on providing technical sales support to Commvault’s Enterprise clients. The role supports partner-focused sales teams deploying their skills to influence and drive though the sales cycle. The position requires a strong technical contributor who understands how their decisions impact and influence customer value while at time driving revenue for Commvault. Are seen as a trusted advisor at all levels within an account (C-Suite, technical stakeholders, etc.). as well as, be a team leader, mentor, teach, and contribute to overall success of Commvault. The SSE drives or supports complex sales opportunities by translating business requirements into solution technical requirements; coordinating technical expertise; sizing, scoping, defining delivery and deployment approach, timeline, and required resources; coordinating demonstrations and proof-of-concept; and supporting internal deal acceptance.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Work as part of the account team to formulate account strategies and plans particularly engaging with resources from channel partners for accounts as well develop new opportunities
- Build relationships with Enterprise clients based technical selling roles such as Solutions/Principal Architects, Systems Engineers, Technical Account Managers, etc.
- Anticipate technology trends and successfully build strong relationships with clients and internal departments (sales, support, product management, marketing, development) to ensure success during sales campaigns and/or to ensure the customer experience is positive.
- Propose and professionally demonstrate the Commvault products using presentations, existing customer solutions, white board, demo’s, pilots, "proof-of-concepts", etc.
- Embrace calling on senior level IT leadership and engage with the customer to qualify and understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be addressed with any one or all the products in the Commvault products.
- Distil the pre-sales discovery into a concise message, outlining the technical, business, operational, and financial inefficiencies/challenges that the Commvault addresses with its products.
- Actively participate in Sales meetings, QBRs, adding value and technical leadership on all topics (field marketing, qualifying, etc.).
- Continuously develop and maintain technical and market expertise through training, certifications, conferences, etc.
- Experience in the software or storage industry serving in a pre-sales systems engineer role.
- Experience delivering, presenting, selling, supporting Enterprise Clients - working or competitive knowledge of e.g. VEEAM, Rubrik, Symantec NBU, EMC Networker, EMC Avamar, IBM TSM, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Commvault Simpana, etc.
- Proven experience selling, conducting Proof of Concept (POC) architecting data management solutions (backup and recovery, data migration, replication, compliance, SRM, etc.).
- Experience with common Software licensing practices (cloud, perpetual, term, maintenance).
- Enterprise application exposure or knowledge of (SAP, Oracle, Exchange, db2, SharePoint, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, tape drives, libraries, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments.
- Requires consultative selling skills which pair product expertise with strong business, industry and competitive acumen.
- Excellent written, presentation, and communication skills; ability to build and maintain business relationships.
- Salesforce.com to facilitate process and information organization.
- Sales methodology experience (TAS, SPIN, Solution Selling, Challenger, etc.).
- Ability to work in a rapid growth environment where priorities, roles and responsibilities are continuously updated to meet market and customer demands.
- Hyper-V, VMware VCP, NetApp, EMC, HDS, or Microsoft MCITP experience or certifications a plus.
- The Systems Engineer collaborates heavily with ISRs, SE & Sales Overlays, Professional Services, Channel Partners, Product Managers, and other team members and key support roles.
Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, our industry's definitive independent ranking. For the seventh straight year, Commvault has been named a leader. And this year we're furthest on the "completeness of vision" and highest on the "ability to execute."
Commvault offers its products through a broad array of distribution partners globally, while building upon its strong portfolio of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Oracle, SAP, Nutanix, Pure, HP, Hitachi, NetApp and many others. Commvault's global headquarters is located in Tinton Falls NJ, with additional offices that support customers globally across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.