- Germany, HE
Commvault is the world's most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers' businesses forward. We're all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
Technical Consultants are responsible for providing the following services to our clients and prospects.
- Advice & Guidance on the effective design, deployment and operational usage of CommVault technology.
- Production of detailed designs for the CommVault aspects of the customer solution.
- Implementation, testing & deployment of CommVault software components in-line with the prescribed solution design.
- Review & quality assurance of CommVault designs and implemented solutions which have been undertaken by Clients and/or CommVault partners.
- Delivery of Workshops, Custom Training, CommVault Site Review Audits and Operational services. Where required attend or host project review meetings.
- Troubleshooting of issues or problems which may be associated with or created by a CommVault solution.
In addition to these customer facing services, which would typically be funded by the customer or partner, the Technical Consultant will be expected to provide the following services internally either as part of the pre-sales stage of a new client opportunity or post-sale where additional opportunities have been identified in an existing client.
- Provide input to proposals and pre-sales solution designs on technical aspects of client solutions, ensuring that proposed solutions or client responses are technically viable based on experience gained in the field and make effective use of the CommVault software proposed. This may involve working on a triage basis with pre-sales and technical support representatives.
- Assist pre-sales consultants is assessing the technical risks and dependencies of proposed solutions and developing pragmatic approaches to eliminating or containing these risks.
- Provide the necessary support and mentoring to junior members of the Consulting team in specific areas of technical and/or interpersonal competence.
- Development, maintenance and usage of competitive knowledge relating to the CommVault software and services portfolio.
Key Technical Competencies required are:
- ‘Interface’ or ‘integration’ technologies – i.e OS/Platform, Major Tape Library Technologies, SAN’s, NAS Appliances, Storage Arrays, User Productivity Apps (Exchange, Share-point, Notes etc), Enterprise Apps/DB’s (Oracle, SAP etc).
- Good knowledge of operating system administration experience, consulting experience
- Microsoft and/or Unix / Networking / Storage Area Networks certification
- Good hands-on knowledge of any or all of the following: Windows/Unix/Netware/Linux
- Hands-on technical experience with storage related solutions (e.g. EMC, HDS, SAN, NAS, tape Libraries etc)
- Good hands-on knowledge of TCP/IP networking (and possibly WAN technologies)
- Knowledge of enterprise applications (Exchange, SQL, Oracle, Notes, etc)
- Hands-on installation and configuration with enterprise data management software such as data protection (backup & recovery), archiving, snapshot integration
- Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) concepts and understanding
Position Requirements include:
- Degree or HND level education, ideally in a computer science or science/mathematics related discipline
- Experience of working in a similar role in one or more of the following types of organisation.
- IT Consulting Services
- IT Software Vendor
- IT Hardware Vendor
- IT Systems Integration or Outsourcing
- IT Solutions Re-seller or ISV.
- Proven track record in the achievement of billable customer funded utilisation in excess of 50% of available man days per annum.
- Experience in working within different size project teams - from ‘lone ranger’ single consultant engagements to larger projects with formal project/programme management and multiple vendor consultants, contract and client personnel.
- Experience in working within and delivering services and solutions to large enterprises, ideally spanning multiple business sectors.
- Knowledge of IT practices and processes in enterprise scale clients relating to the design, deployment and operational management of IT solutions and infrastructure.
- A high level awareness & understanding of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practice is highly desirable.
Key Attributes Required are:
The Technical Consultant role is pivotal to the success of CommVault given the degree of end customer focus and ultimate responsibility for deployment of purchased solutions. It is therefore necessary for Technical Consultants to possess the following attributes
Customer Focused – ability to understand and deliver against the needs of CommVault customers and be empathetic and supportive to the customer where required. Always able to balance the Client and Company’s requirements. Always able to balance the Client and Company’s requirements as required.
Accountability & Ownership – able to make things happen and where required take ownership for the successful execution of specific tasks. Be accountable for issues or problems which may arise, working with others as required to develop timely solutions.
Written & Verbal Communication Skills – articulate and effective communicator, able to describe complex problems and solutions in simple or understandable terms. Able to produce written documentation (presentations, reports, designs and operational documentation) which is well structured, clear, concise and meets customer/partner requirements.
Team Working – able to work effectively as part of a project team or virtual team, internally or externally, communicating and collaborating as required to complete the required tasks/objectives. Able to provide support, guidance and mentoring to junior members of project teams (including client staff).
Consulting Skills – possesses the essential skills required to perform effectively as a ‘chargeable’ client facing representative of CommVault. These skills include but are not restricted to: - planning & preparation, expectation setting, negotiation & objection handling, tact & diplomacy, sales & commercial awareness.
Networking – able to develop and exploit extensive networks of technical and personal contacts (internally & externally) which can be utilized to improve the effectiveness of the consultant and the quality of solutions and services delivered by CommVault to our customers.
Motivation – highly self-motivated, tenacious and proactive, willing and able to grow skills and competencies by a combination or formal training, self-directed learning and field experience.
Innovation – where required be able to produce innovative solutions to address complex or unusual client requirements. Able to think laterally or ‘out-of the box’ where required. Able to challenge the status quo where required and work to constantly improve the effectiveness of the CommVault service offering to our clients.
Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, our industry's definitive independent ranking. For the seventh straight year, Commvault has been named a leader. And this year we're furthest on the "completeness of vision" and highest on the "ability to execute."
Commvault offers its products through a broad array of distribution partners globally, while building upon its strong portfolio of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Oracle, SAP, Nutanix, Pure, HP, Hitachi, NetApp and many others. Commvault's global headquarters is located in Tinton Falls NJ, with additional offices that support customers globally across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.