Technical Consultant- DACH
- Frankfurt/Berlin/Hamburg/Munich, Germany
Commvault is the world's most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers' businesses forward. We're all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a successful Technical Consultant who will be part of our professional services organization. Consultant will be responsible for assuring tactical management of solution deployments throughout the DACH Territory.
The ideal candidate will bring a positive attitude, ability to build rapport, innovative ideas, hard work, leadership and a sense of ownership to this position.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Advice & Guidance on the effective design, deployment and operational usage of Commvault technology.
- Production of detailed designs for the Commvault aspects of the customer solution.
- Implementation, testing & deployment of Commvault software components in-line with the prescribed solution design.
- Review & quality assurance of Commvault designs and implemented solutions which have been undertaken by Clients and/or Commvault partners.
- Delivery of Workshops, Custom Training, Commvault Site Review Audits and Operational services. Where required attend or host project review meetings.
- Troubleshooting of issues or problems which may be associated with or created by a Commvault solution.
Position Requirements include:
- Degree or HND level education, ideally in a computer science or science/mathematics related discipline
- Experience of working in a similar role in one or more of the following types of organisation.
- Proven track record in the achievement of billable customer funded utilisation in excess of 50% of available man days per annum.
- ‘Interface’ or ‘integration’ technologies – i.e OS/Platform, Major Tape Library Technologies, SAN’s, NAS Appliances, Storage Arrays, User Productivity Apps (Exchange, Share-point, Notes etc), Enterprise Apps/DB’s (Oracle, SAP etc).
- Good knowledge of operating system administration experience, consulting experience
- Good hands-on knowledge of any or all of the following: Windows/Unix/Netware/Linux
- Hands-on technical experience with storage related solutions (e.g. EMC, HDS, SAN, NAS, tape Libraries etc)
- Hands-on installation and configuration with enterprise data management software such as data protection (backup & recovery), archiving, snapshot integration
- Fluent German
Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, our industry's definitive independent ranking. For the seventh straight year, Commvault has been named a leader. And this year we're furthest on the "completeness of vision" and highest on the "ability to execute."
Commvault offers its products through a broad array of distribution partners globally, while building upon its strong portfolio of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Oracle, SAP, Nutanix, Pure, HP, Hitachi, NetApp and many others. Commvault's global headquarters is located in Tinton Falls NJ, with additional offices that support customers globally across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.