Customer Support Engineer, Frontline
- Sydney, Australia
Commvault is the world's most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers' businesses forward. We're all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
About the Role
As a Frontline Customer Support Engineer you will be instrumental in providing phone support to our customers for the Commvault Software platform. This includes working with our customers, collecting and tracking information and details of the problem, trying to resolve basic issues and escalating the incidents to specialised technical teams as necessary.
What skills and competencies you should have
Your technical knowledge will include:
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating system and its components. This includes such things as troubleshooting via the event logs, understanding how to acquire crash dumps and application dumps, analyse network packets, making registry changes, understanding windows firewall, and familiarity with VSS.
- Networking and troubleshooting connectivity, name resolution, and performance based issues with OS and/or hardware
- Good understanding of Microsoft clustering technologies, with installing and configuring software
- Knowledge or experience with applications such as the following:
- Microsoft SQL, 2005-2014, basic administration and troubleshooting
o Microsoft Exchange 2010-2016, basic administration and troubleshooting
o SAN Storage
Ideally you will also have:
- Previous Experience with Backup software such as VERITAS, Veeam or EMC Networker.
- Understanding of backup theory and design.
Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, our industry's definitive independent ranking. For the seventh straight year, Commvault has been named a leader. And this year we're furthest on the "completeness of vision" and highest on the "ability to execute."
Commvault offers its products through a broad array of distribution partners globally, while building upon its strong portfolio of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Oracle, SAP, Nutanix, Pure, HP, Hitachi, NetApp and many others. Commvault's global headquarters is located in Tinton Falls NJ, with additional offices that support customers globally across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.