Customer Support Engineer, Tier 1 (Client)
- Tinton Falls, NJ
Commvault is the world's most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers' businesses forward. We're all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Customer Support Engineer to work with the fastest growing data management software company at our Tinton Falls, New Jersey office. This position is part of our Client Support group in our Customer Support Center. This is an excellent opportunity for innovative and collaborative technologists to join a global team that has led the industry in satisfaction three years in a row. The ideal candidate would have a technical background, enjoy interaction with customers, have excellent communication skills and enjoy a fast paced work environment. We offer innovative training, interesting colleagues, and the opportunity to grow with us.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex support problems
- Troubleshoot customer issues using remote desktop software
- Successfully interact through phone and email with customers as you solve their problems
- Dedication to the success and satisfaction of our customers
- Recreation of problems in house
- Root Cause Analysis and / or provision of examples of software bug
Position Requirements include:
- At least 5+ years of technical support experience; 2+ years of experience with a Bachelors Degree
- Excellent knowledge of VMware\Hyper-V
- Advanced administration and troubleshooting skills in Windows server environments
- Strong experience with system networking and TCP/IP and DNS
- Knowledge or experience with SAN and NAS devices
- Networking and troubleshooting connectivity, name resolution and performance based issues with OS and/or hardware
- Understanding backup theory and design
- Previous experience with backup software such as NetBackup, NetWorker, Avamar, VEEAM, or TSM is a plus
- Previous experience troubleshooting enterprise environments
Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, our industry's definitive independent ranking. For the sixth straight year, Commvault has been named a leader. And this year we're furthest on the "completeness of vision" and highest on the "ability to execute."
Commvault offers its products through a broad array of distribution partners globally, while building upon its strong portfolio of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Oracle, SAP, Nutanix, Pure, HP, Hitachi, NetApp and many others. Commvault's global headquarters is located in Tinton Falls NJ, with additional offices that support customers globally across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.