- 31 Water St, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA
Community Helping Hands was founded in 2001 as a faith-based community nonprofit organization dedicated to providing a variety of services to those in need, while empowering them to gain the skills and confidence to help themselves and others. We provide job skills training and work experience; low-cost clothing, furniture and household goods; a family and youth center; free medical supplies, and Christ-centered ministries. We believe that the best way to help those who are struggling is to provide a hand up, not a hand out. Our focus is to offer further support and empowerment while showing them the love of Christ. We don’t judge or condemn. We just help. In doing so, we strive for the betterment of our entire community.
We are seeking a full-time Executive Director to continue our strong tradition in the Jamestown, New York community. The Executive Director will be accountable to the Board of Directors for the following:
- Through their actions, beliefs, and leadership style, sets the tone for the relationship and person-centered cultural climate throughout Community Helping Hands and provides overall coaching, guidance, and influence throughout entire operation
- Supervises the front office staff, develops operating policies and processes including procedures for emergency help.
- Prepares reports as required by the board, our funders and public agencies (federal, state and county).
- Manages the finances, i.e. the cash flow; is responsible for the budget.
- Oversees execution of budgetary spending, office administration HR support, oversight of grants
- Maintains and supervises all records, including personnel.
- Recommends policies to the board and implements policies that are adopted.
- With the Board, engages in long-range strategic planning.
- Maintains high levels of organizational competence
- Promotes/publicizes Community Helping Hands using a variety of means.
- Is present at community functions, presenting our programs wherever possible.
- Builds relationships with the community, gains support, invites their support (including financial and volunteerism).
- Represents Community Helping Hands and collaborates with outside parties and agencies.
- Develops additional targeted publicity to promote the developing activities and services of the organization.
- Continually adapts or plans new responses to the needs of those we serve, consistent with the Mission.
- Evaluates programs’ effectiveness and makes positive changes as appropriate.
- Encourages activities that support those we serve locally, partnering with outside groups as appropriate.
- With staff, continually identify and develop activities or programs to support the mission of Community Helping Hands
- Monitors and evaluates all of our programs, implementing quality assurance measures.
- Develops and implements standards for volunteers
- Sets standards of practice and excellence.
- Oversees proper adherence to our Core Goals and Mission.
- Administers periodic reviews, formal and informal, to determine success of our outreach and programming efforts.
- Responds to quality assurance requirements of funders and agencies.
Long Term Sustainability & Strategic Planning
- Properly records donations, recognizes and tracks them, and communicates with donors.
- Stays tuned into possible funding sources beyond the local community: the region and state, both public and private.
- Researches and develops relationships with funding sources.
- Develops and writes grant proposals.
- Deepens connections with community stakeholders developing vision for the Jamestown area so that our organization remains a core element of the community.
- With the Board of Directors, develops new strategies to raise the level of local giving and fund-raising efforts.
- Initiate and identify opportunities for strategic expansion of outreach and services beyond current ministries; oversee progress and serve as lead for all stakeholders
- Authentic and modest Christ-centered leadership and team empowerment skills; ability to motivate, develop, create a culture in which teamwork can flourish, and encourage creative ideas
- Ability to serve as a strategic partner with the Board of Directors while overseeing the general management of the organization
- Effective and engaging communication style
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively, with humility, within a diverse ministries system at all levels
- Ability to inspire others and intuitively generate respect and confidence at all levels in a diverse environment
- Emotional resilience and the ability to work in complex, sometimes ambiguous, environments serving multiple stakeholders
- A service orientated approach with a passion for community relations and collaboration
- Strong analytical skills; ability to gather, organize and interpret data to provide meaningful management information to the Board of Directors and key stakeholders
- Excellent judgment and works to build trust
- Flexible, adaptive and creative approach to leadership and influencing of key stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in a diverse environment; at least 2 years of leadership experience within a nonprofit environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources Management, Social Work, Communications, Marketing, Ministry or Education. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated financial management and fundraising skills; familiar with government and foundation funding opportunities and experience managing funds. Grant writing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in organizational change management and facilitation, performance management, and human resource decision-making.
- Strong strategic experience in a dynamic, growing and highly diverse environment.
- Proven ability to lead, build and mentor a team from diverse backgrounds and experience levels.
- Proven ability to translate ideas into actionable plans for execution.
- Competence with computer technology such as MS Office Suite, and social media outreach.
The pay range for this not-for-profit Executive Director position is between $47,000 and $55,000 annually. Benefits incude medical insurance, matching IRA and PTO.
Please click "I'm Interested" link and upload your resume. Then, in the section titled, "Your Message To The Hiring Manager", please include your cover letter. All applications will be reviewed by the Community Helping Hands Executive Director Search Committee.
We will accept resumes from March 16th through April 20th, 2018. Qualified candidates will participate in an initial screening interview. The most highly qualified candidates will be invited for additional rounds of interviewing throughout April and May. We are targeting a June 4th start date for the successful candidate who is named as the new Executive Director of Community Helping Hands.