- 60 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010, USA
We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
Community Healthcare Network is seeking for a Full-Time Case Manager/ TWEET who under the direction of the Program Manager, the Case Manager will work to develop and implement patient work plans according to grant requirements and implement educational activities focused on transgender patients. The intent of TWEET is to improve the quality of life of HIV positive transgender women ages 50 and above in building a positive psychosocial environment that promotes viral load suppression and overall improvement to health.
The Case Manager works in collaboration with the medical care team, Program Manager, and other staff to ensure the goals and contractual obligations of the program are met. The Case Manager is responsible for timely data collection and entry into electronic medical records systems pursuant to contract needs. The Case Manager will assist in outreach efforts and implementation of community-based outreach activities. Provides coaching sessions to peer leaders and offers technical assistance to peer leaders for client engagement and in preparation of TL-Teach Back educational sessions. In conjunction with Project Manager develops and implementation of quality improvement clinical indicators, staff development, and agency representation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists medical providers, Program Manager, social workers, nutritionists, and other providers with their transgender cases via case conferencing.
- Works with Program manager to help facilitate teach-back model groups and provide technical assistance to Peer Leaders.
- Assists transgender clients’ needs and provides referrals and services accordingly including clinical outcomes of referrals.
- Assists with recruitment, enrollment, and retention of transgender patients into programs.
- Timely data collection and entry into EMRs
- Assists with developing, implementing, tracking, evaluating, and reporting of program quality improvement projects.
- Active participation on local, city and other transgender related networks.
- Represent the agency and program in outside activities as needed.
- Facilitates related services for health center patients as appropriate, with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
What We Look For:
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a health or human services related field; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Three or more years working with HIV positive patients (transgender patients preferred) in a health care setting and experience in HIV/AIDS.
What You Will Gain:
- Ability to be at forefront of integrated patient care.
- Supportive integrated team environment.