Peer Educator/ Retention Adherence Program
- 975 Westchester Ave, Bronx, NY 10459, USA
We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
CHN is currently looking for a Part-Time Peer Educator who under the direction of the RAP Manager, serves as the face of the RAP program for CHN. Responsibilities include developing community relationships, addressing stigma and misinformation within the communities of NYC, and increasing patient numbers for the RAP Program.
This includes coordination and facilitation of outreach and in-reach activities, providing education to potential patients seeking services. The primary goal of this position is to increase the number of patients who are referred, screened, assessed, and maintained in care for HIV retention and adherence at Community Healthcare Network’s Bronx clinic. The Peer Educator also assists in the coordination of medical appointments, enters data into AIRS, conducts follow up with clients, and provides retention and adherence counseling to RAP patients.
What We Look For:
• High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Good communication skills and experience with HIV issues.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of geographic area of work site and of language appropriate to community.
• Demonstrate ability to work with HIV-infected individuals.
• Interest in and conviction of purpose and aims for all programs in the clinic.
• Respect for the rights of individuals to make their own decisions about their medical care.
• Ability to communicate easily and display a cordial manner towards individuals from a variety of socio-economic, cultural and religious background.
What You Will Gain:
• Ability to be at forefront of integrated patient care.
• Supportive integrated team environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.