Provider/Nurse Practitioner Fellow
- 60 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010, USA
We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtains and/or reviews/evaluates a patient’s medical and psychosocial history.
2. Performs complete comprehensive physical examination.
3. Performs screening procedures including Pap Smears, GC cultures, Chlamydia tests and Wet preps.
4. Facilitates related services for health center patients as appropriate with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
5. Performs routine interim physical examinations on patients that are risk specific, and as outlined in the agency’s Medical Policies and Procedures Manual.
6. Evaluates individual patients and prescribes appropriate medications, treatments, referrals as indicated in the Policies & Procedures Manual and/or is consistent with current standards of care.
7. Provides continuous care to patients and management of common and important clinical problems encountered in a primary care setting.
8. Consults with physician(s) regarding problems not encountered in the standing orders (Policies & Procedures Manual) or as necessary.
9. Makes referrals to appropriate sources/consultants for medical and/or social problems.
10. Participates in patient education and counseling services, especially about family planning, STD’S/HIV, preventive health and nutrition.
11. Interprets laboratory data. Reviews and initials all lab reports; orders appropriate/additional lab tests and referrals or follows up as indicated.
12. Reports accidents or anticipated problems.
13. Participates in in-service education and other training programs.
14. Adheres to each and all policies and procedures.
15. Other duties as assigned.
- Current NYS license as Nurse Practitioner.
What You Will Gain:
• Ability to be at forefront of integrated patient care.
• Supportive integrated team environment.
• Excellent Benefits and PTO package.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.