Care Manager (Bilingual Spanish)
- 81 W 115th St, New York, NY 10026, USA
We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
Community Healthcare Network is seeking for a Full-Time Care Manager who will be responsible for guiding chronically ill patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes. The CM will act as the team leader, will provide direct services to patients including the completion of needs assessments, development of patient focused care plans, periodic reassessments and overall comprehensive service coordination. The Care Manager also functions as an advocate for clients within the agency and with external service providers. As a team leader, the Care Manager is ultimately responsible for the overall provision and coordination of services to assigned patients’ caseload.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides direct service to a caseload of approximately 300 patients, any collateral person, and their children.
- Screens for functional scale eligibility, conducts initial assessments, and periodic reassessments of patients’ needs including medical, mental heath, substance use, financial, housing and support needs.
- Provides crisis intervention and health education services as needed.
- Develops patient focused care plans with documented input and approval from other providers and the patient in compliance with Health Home standards. .
- Work with the medical staff to develop, implement, and coordinate the care plan for patients with chronic diseases, such as diabetes, asthma, congestive heart failure, hypertension, mental health condition, and substance abuse etc, based on the Health Home chronic disease care coordination model standards.
- Conducts home/field visits and maintains patient contact in accordance with program standards.
- Coordinates patient services with internal and external service providers through regular case conferencing.
- Ensures appropriate record documentation from all members of the case management team.
- Documents the outcomes of care plans in the case record.
- Assist in coordinating care with pharmacies, insurance companies, hospital discharge planning and other providers in the Network.
- Facilitates related services for health center patients as appropriate with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Look For:
BA/BS Degree is required/ MSW/MPH Degree is preferred.
Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
What You Will Gain:
• Excellent benefits and PTO package
• Ability to be at forefront of integrated patient care
• Supportive integrated team environment
• Monies towards Continuing Education credits
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.