- 975 Westchester Ave, Bronx, NY 10459, USA
We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs psychiatric evaluations on all patients seen, which can include unscheduled walk-ins and crisis intervention.
- Responsible for screening and assessment of walk-in patients in crisis situations.
- Performs emergency psychiatric evaluations and provides the appropriate intervention, which may include medication therapies or immediate referrals to in-patient facility.
- Reviews and interprets medical history data and continually updates this information as necessary.
- Evaluates each individual patient and prescribes appropriate medication treatment and /or refer as indicated and maintains continuity of care.
- Reviews all problem cases to determine course, management of treatment, and/or referral for consultation.
- Meets with clinical staff as necessary for treatment planning.
- Consults with Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Staff on a regular basis.
- May participate in monthly staff physician conferences chaired by the Vice President of Medical Affairs/Medical Director to discuss subjects of interests to staff physicians.
- Maintains chart documentation in compliance with Office of Mental Health and CHN standards.
- Facilitates related services for health center patients and CHN staff as appropriate, with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current New York City license to practice medicine and Psychiatry.
- Medical degree from an approved Medical School.
What You Will Gain:
- Ability to be at forefront of integrated patient care.
- Supportive integrated team environment.