Depression Care Manager (LMSW)
- 975 Westchester Ave, The Bronx, NY 10459, USA
- We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
Community Healthcare Network is seeking for a Full-Time Depression Care Manager who will be an integral part of the Behavioral Health Integrated Care team. Some of the primary responsibilities include the provision of services for the entire caseload of patients with a depression diagnosis; co-facilitating weekly case conference forums; utilizing SBIRT to provide services for at-risk substance users; and providing care coordination services for patients with chronic diseases and complex care needs, who do not qualify for Health Homes
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide brief evidence-based therapeutic interventions for patients with depression.
2. Provide crisis interventions, when needed for suicidal/homicidal ideations or intents, domestic violence, child abuse, etc.
3. Provide psychoeducation for patient about their medical conditions, especially depression.
4. Monitor patients’ progress with depression treatment using the PHQ-9 screening tool.
5.Conduct psychiatric consultations and regular follow-up discussions with the PCP.
6. Provide monthly telephonic follow-up for all patients on the case load of about 75-100 patients.
7. Implement and coordinate service plans for patients who are not eligible for Health Homes.
8. When indicated, escort patients to various specialty medical and social service appointments.
9. Utilize SBIRT to provide brief interventions and referrals for patients with at-risk substance use.
10. Coordinate and schedule weekly case conferences for each medical provider.
Licensed Master of Social Work.
Two years care coordination or other related experience preferred.
Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Interest in and conviction of purpose and aims for all programs in the agency.
- Respect for the rights of individuals to make their own decisions.
- Ability to communicate easily and display a cordial manner towards individuals from a variety of socio-economic, cultural and religious background.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.