- 36-11 21st St, Long Island City, NY 11106, USA
We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
Community Healthcare Network is seeking for a Full-Time Medical Assistant who will be an integral member of the health care team at different centers, which provides support to the nursing staff and health providers in addressing the health care needs of our patients. Assists in providing continuity and quality of care to our patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs/assists in numerous procedures including vital signs (BP, HR, RR, T, HT, & WT), EKG, BMI, vision tests, specimen collections, and venipucture when necessary.
2. Provides appropriate assistance in the medical triage of patients.
3. Stocks examination rooms with supplies on a daily basis and as needed.
4. Assists providers with procedures and routine examinations in the examination rooms.
5. Records pertinent medical information in the medical records.
6. Assists nurses in preparing, completing, and maintaining medical records and reports.
7. Performs routine clinical administrative operations including photocopying charts, updating prenatal log book, follow-up on abnormal labs and referrals, calling patients when necessary, mailing letters to patients, and faxing referrals to central office.
8. Assists nurses in checking emergency box and refrigerator temperatures.
9. Assists nurses with ordering medications, vaccines and medical supplies as needed.
10. Performs venipuncture as necessary.
11. Provides health counseling to patients, including HIV counseling.
12. Facilitates related services for health center patients as appropriate with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
13. Coordinates with health care team to facilitate the highest quality of health services for patients.
14. Compliance with Infection Control policies and procedures.
15. Works assigned shifts at locations other than primary assigned work site when necessary as deemed by management and in accordance with CHN Policy.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Current Medical Assistant Certificate from a State Licensed School/Program.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Current CPR Certificate or acceptance for a CPR training course within six (6) months of employment.
What You Will Gain
• Dynamic growing behavioral health program
• Ability to be at forefront of integrated patient care
• Supportive integrated team environment
• Monies towards Continuing Education credits
• Excellent benefits and PTO package
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.