Telephone RN/ Work from Home RN
- 60 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010, USA
We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
Community Healthcare Network is now hiring a Full-Time Telephone RN who will be a key member of the health care team and will be responsible for providing telephone advice, education and triage to the patient at the most appropriate level of care in a safe and timely manner.
** THIS IS A WORK FROM HOME OPPORTUNITY**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with health care team to facilitate the highest quality of health services for patients.
- Follows-up on patient medical care, emergency room follow ups including correspondence.
- Confers with physicians/providers when a prescribed medical regimen needs interpretation and/or clarification.
- Provides health counseling to patients
- Utilizes clinical expertise and approved protocols to provide health advice to consumers with clinical questions and makes referrals for health services as appropriate via telephone and performs all components of call processing.
- Implements plan of care when appropriate
- Documents calls in EMR and timely and acute manner and as prescribed by current standards and policies.
- Facilitates related services for health center patients as appropriate with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
- Compliance with Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- License to practice as a RN in the state of New York.
- Current CPR Certificate.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience preferred with two (2) of those years in an acute care setting, delivering Emergency Care, Pediatric Care, OB-GYN Care, and/or Telephone Triage.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required.
- Licensure/Certification Requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.