Planning Producer - Newstalk
- Digges Ln, Dublin, Ireland
Newstalk is Ireland’s fastest growing independent talk radio station with a weekly reach of 804,000 across 26 counties. Newstalk continues to grow its audience each year and is known across the nation as the independent voice of Ireland, boasting a strong line-up of Ireland’s leading broadcaster.
Newstalk is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, having a track record for premium and engaging content and campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and our listenership.
About the Role
As Planning Producer you will be part of the team responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of the station content strategy on-air and online.
Working closely with the senior editorial team you will plan and project manage station content initiatives and campaigns.
You will generate innovative content ideas that are unique and exclusive to Newstalk, that provoke debate, drive engagement, give the station a clear point of difference and are relevant to the target audience.
You will produce output to a high professional standard, ensuring the delivery of quality content that is appropriate to the editorial values of the station.
- Generate ideas for innovative, provocative and creative station content initiatives and campaigns relevant to our target audience.
- Plan and implement these across the schedule and on our digital platforms in conjunction with the relevant editorial teams.
- Develop and maintain a cross station content calendar.
- Ensure all activity is amplified appropriately on-air, on-line and externally where appropriate.
- Work with the Managing Editor to develop a pipeline of future talent for on-air and off-air.
- Develop ongoing schedule of training and development for potential on air/emerging talent.
- Train, coach and mentor up and coming production staff.
- Participate in and contribute to station editorial meetings.
- Work with programmes across the schedule to introduce new initiatives in line with station priorities.
- Delivery of cross-station and cross platform promotional and commercial activity.
- Complaint Handling.
- Collaborate across the group as appropriate.
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- You have a strong interest in news and current affairs.
- You are an ideas person with the creativity to bring them to life.
- You can spot and develop stories that get people talking.
- You have a broad range of interests and follow news, politics, sport, business, celebrity news, social issues and everything in between.
- You have strong leadership skills.
- You’re a self-starter.
- You have excellent knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes of Conduct.
- You are proficient in recording and editing and the workings of digital and social media.
- You are driven by ambition to succeed.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and to deadlines.
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Qualification in journalism or a related discipline
Closing date for applicants will be 19th April 2021.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Communicorp Media we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Communicorp Media employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.