Assistant Producer – The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show
- Digges Ln, Dublin, Ireland
Today FM is Ireland’s most popular independent radio station with an audience of over 860,000 people every week. At Today FM, we’ve established a reputation for entertaining, intelligent and energetic programming, supported with strong news, sport and current-affairs values.
Today FM is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, with a track record for highly innovative, unique and engaging marketing campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and listenership.
You will work on The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show, the biggest commercial breakfast show in Ireland, providing engaging on-air content appropriate to the editorial values of the programme and the station. This role, at times, will also require flexibility regarding readiness to travel within Ireland at short notice for live reporting and interviewing.
Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications
What you'll do:
In this exciting and fast paced role, you will:
- Generate excellent daily content and think creatively about how to communicate this content to audiences across on air and social media - from lifestyle & topical affairs, to news and entertainment, to movies and music.
- Record and edit vox pops, getting the best out of people (on the street & on phone).
- Represent the station, engaging with listeners on and off air and on all social platforms.
- Research, script and brief content items as required.
- Book and maintain relationships with guests, and connect with listeners off air for maximum benefit on air.
- Source, develop, write and publish content for our website.
- Generate innovative ideas that will attract new audiences through unique multimedia content.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing departments to maximise commercial and PR opportunities.
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- A strong interest in Pop Culture e.g. Movies, Music and Entertainment, light news and current affairs.
- Be curious and inquisitive, with a willingness to ask questions, but also to listen.
- Have excellent writing and storytelling skills, with an ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms.
- Technically proficient in Adobe Audition and/or other audio editing software, with the ability to use a variety of recording equipment.
- Have strong IT skills, a very high standard of audio editing and a knowledge of image manipulation software.
- On Air Experience (Contributor or Presenter).
- Excellent Radio Production skills.
- Full, clean Driver’s License.
- A good knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio production.
- Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure, react quickly to an ever-changing news cycle, and meet tight deadlines
Please submit a 3 minute demo with your application.
Closing date for applications is Monday 12th April 2021.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Communicorp Media we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Communicorp Media employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.