DevOps and Systems Engineer
- Bay Rd, Cheltenham VIC 3192, Australia
CombiTel's mission is to design, deploy and support complete IPTV systems, bespoke software, and best-of-breed components for service providers and enterprises in the Asian-Pacific region and worldwide.
With over 30 years of experience in telecommunications, broadcasting and applied technologies we have a proven track record of delivering IPTV and digital signage solutions that are tailored precisely to our clients’ needs and budget.
Our software development team at Omniscreen (a member of CombiTel Group) creates applications and software in-house, including our flagship product: Omniscreen Pilot. We are technologically driven - constantly creating, updating and innovating to only offer the very best solutions to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps/Systems engineer to join our team. The position is based in our Melbourne office (Cheltenham).
The successful candidate will play a key role in ambitious TV, radio and digital signage delivery projects. They include diverse range of hardware and software platforms for multimedia content management and delivery to multiple devices such as connected TVs, set-top boxes, signage terminals, tablets and mobile phones.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Closely working with software development team to create the best possible deployment and lifecycle management solutions for our products;
- Development and modification of software deployment scripts;
- System design for high availability and mission critical services;
- Design and deployment of virtual and cloud infrastructure for customers;
- Ongoing development of CombiTel’s cloud infrastructure;
- Providing technology advice to company management;
- Technical support to sales team and customers;
- Closely working with 3rd party technology partners.
Due to continuos stream of new projects and customer requirements, this job provides variety of creative tasks and ample opportunities for training in new technologies and professional development.
The successful candidate must have:
- Computer Science / Engineering degree or a post-graduate qualification in these disciplines;
- Good English communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix;
- Working knowledge of DevOps technologies such as Salt, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Proven experience in design and troubleshooting of IP networks;
- Hands-on experience in virtualising business critical applications;
- Minimum 3 years of IT, Telecommunications or Media/Broadcast industry experience.
All candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia.
When applying, please submit a cover letter addressing the job requirements and your resume containing full details of your employment history and qualifications.