- Vaughan St, Portsmouth, NH 03801, USA
Are you interested in joining one of the largest and fastest growing hotel companies in the Northeast United States? Do you want to join an organization that recognizes your contributions and hard work? Do you want to be part of a company where you have the ability to develop and grow your career? If so, then look no further than Colwen Hotels!
At Colwen Hotels, we are on the lookout to engage the best and brightest hospitality professionals in the industry to join our incredibly service-driven and focused team. Our award-winning properties are made up of passionate, dedicated and energetic individuals who provide exceptional service to both our guests and their fellow associates. We approach each and every day with a “can do” attitude and what we like to call “stick-to-itiveness” that provides a level of service that creates memorable experiences for our guests. Equally as important, Colwen Hotels is committed to sustainability, responsibility and stewardship in the communities where we work and grow.
Colwen Hotels is part of a fully integrated organization that designs, builds, owns and manages branded and independent hotels in markets across the Northeast. With more than twenty operating hotels and nearly twenty more in various stages of construction and development, it is a very exciting time to join our team!
We are in search of experienced Cook to to join our opening food and beverage team! The ideal caniddate will have previous cooking experience, and possess a high level of dependability and attention to detail. If you are looking for a friendly, fast paced work environment and have a passion for cooking this could be the position you have been looking for!
- Checks with manager regarding the business needs for the shift as to the amount of prep, quality of product, and cleanliness of area.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Stocks (both food products and equipment), cleans, sets, and prepares service area.
- First In First Out (FIFO) procedures.
- Maintains good cleaning habits throughout the area of assignment.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Checks with manager regarding condition of station at the end of shift.
- Assists in all areas of the kitchen and the bistro
- Adhere to appearance, attendance and punctuality expectations and standards as communicated verbally and/or written.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Previous restaurant experience a plus
- Strong customer service skills
- ServSafe certification within 30 days of hire
Colwen Hotels offers a comprehensive rewards and compensation package for eligible associates that includes:
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth
- Warm and supportive work environment
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match after one year of employment
- Paid Time off Programs
- Holiday Pay
- Jury Duty Leave and Bereavement Leave
- Hotel Discounts
To view all open positions for the new Portsmouth AC at: https://www.achotelportsmouth.com/ and click on Join Our TeamColwen Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. EEO M/F/D/V