Area Human Resources Manager
- Greater Boston Area, Boston, MA, United States
Are you interested in joining one of the largest and fastest growing hotel companies in the Northeast United States? Do you want to join an organization that recognizes your contributions and hard work? Do you want to be part of a company where you have the ability to develop and grow your career? If so, then look no further than Colwen Hotels!
At Colwen Hotels, we are on the lookout to engage the best and brightest hospitality professionals in the industry to join our incredibly service-driven and focused team. Our award-winning properties are made up of passionate, dedicated and energetic individuals who provide exceptional service to both our guests and their fellow associates. We approach each and every day with a “can do” attitude and what we like to call “stick-to-itiveness” that provides a level of service that creates memorable experiences for our guests. Equally as important, Colwen Hotels is committed to sustainability, responsibility and stewardship in the communities where we work and grow.
Colwen Hotels is part of a fully integrated organization that designs, builds, owns and manages branded and independent hotels in markets across the Northeast. With more than twenty operating hotels and nearly twenty more in various stages of construction and development, it is a very exciting time to join our team!
Colwen Hotels is currently seeking a passionate, energetic and service-focused individual to join our Human Resources team. Reporting to the Corporate Director of Human Resources, the Area Human Resources Manager who will be based in the Greater Boston area, will provide human resources support and guidance to assigned hotels in and around the greater Boston region. This individual will be directly responsible for the overall execution and administration of the human resources functions and initiatives within their assigned group of hotels.
Responsibilities and duties include but not limited to:
- Implementation of all company human resources strategies and initiatives related to talent acquisition, staffing, associate on-boarding, compensation and benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, compensation, wages surveys, associate relations and engagement.
- Working directly with hotel leadership teams regarding recruitment/selection, training, performance management, respond to and follow up with unemployment claims, benefits administration, problem resolution and associate engagement.
- In coordination with the benefits department, successfully manage benefits administration and communication of the benefits offerings.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Manage and resolve associate relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Ongoing Promotion of the company’s core values and our associate focused and service-driven culture.
- Identify training needs and or opportunities for both managers and associates.
- Ensure that all training objectives are met within the region.
- Regular property visits to represent the company, engage associates and provide support.
- Ensure the company’s compliance with all federal, state and local labor laws and regulations such as Wage and Hour, Unemployment, ACA,FMLA, ADA, EEO-1 Report, OSHA log.
- Conduct periodic Human Resources audits.
- 2-3 years of management experience preferably within the hospitality or service industries.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of federal and Massachusetts employment laws.
- Strong planning and project management skills and ability to apply these skills if effectively partnering with hotels.
- Proven track record of effective leadership, influencing and relationship-building.
- Position requires periodic travel to assigned hotels
Colwen Hotels offers a comprehensive rewards and compensation package for eligible associates that includes:
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth
- Warm and supportive work environment
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match after one year of employment
- Paid Time off Programs
- Holiday Pay
- Jury Duty Leave and Bereavement Leave
- Hotel Discounts
Colwen Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. EEO M/F/D/V