- 227 Marginal Street, Chelsea, MA
At Colwen Design & Purchasing, we concentrate on developing dynamic, high quality lodging with strong brand recognition. We are a vertically integrated hotel development company with expertise in site selection, permitting, project design, interior design, procurement, and project management.
Together with our management company affiliate and our construction affiliate, Colwen Design & Purchasing has brought to life over 3,000 hotel guest rooms throughout the Northeast. The Colwen Hotels portfolio serves the full-service, boutique, upscale extended-stay, select service and upper mid-scale hotel segments that are licensed with Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide and Intercontinental Hotel Group or affiliated with Historic Hotels of America.
We are in search of a talented Purchasing Manager to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will have previous hands on experience with project based purchasing in the hotel industry. We have a collaborative team that innovatively creates custon hotel designs that others aspire to; like AC Boston Ink Block and The Row Hotel at Assembly Row which we built in the last twenty four months.
Our organization is in high growth mode with more than 10 new hotel prjects in the pipeline.
If you have 2-3 yrs. of purchasing experience, understand project based work, have vendor/ industry contacts, product knowledge, know how to negotiate a deal, are detail oriented and have a dynamic personality, then this is the career for you!
This position can be based out of either our Chelsea, MA or Hooksett, NH office
- Work closely with our Project Managers, Interior Designers & Expeditors to continually stay informed of all current & future projects in order to determine purchasing needs.
- Source products directly from manufacturers that fit our designer’s specifications and are within budget.
- ensure that Colwen Design & Purchasing procures the most competitive rates for all materials by identifying and building a competitive vendor base that provides timely deliveries.
- Seek out, build relationships, negotiate with and purchase, at the best value,all of Colwen Design & Purchasing project materials. (i.e. furniture, lighting, wall covering, flooring, decorative plumbing fixtures, operational supplies, etc.)
- Develop & maintain a complete understanding and correct specification description of all items purchased by Colwen Design & Purchasing on a repeat basis.
- Establish a quick rapport with vendors, and maintain an active network of contacts in the vendor community & with industry associations.
- Continually evaluate new supplier/vendor options to ensure Colwen Design & Purchasing is getting the best rates and quality on the materials needed. Keep aware of the latest industry or product changes.
- Issue properly documented purchase orders and contracts, follow-up with vendors on orders placed to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Flexible to attend tradeshows as needed; approximately 2-3 times per year
- Attend regular construction job meetings on-site as required; approximately once per month up until 8 weeks prior to hotel opening then it will likely be weekly onsite meetings.
- Understanding of all aspects of international shipping including cost, process
- Working knowledge of importing rules and regulations.
- Prior experience purchasing direct from manufactures
- Prior hands on experience with project based purchasing of materials in the hotel industry
- Ability to establish relationships and negotiation
- Suberb time management skills, ability to manage priorities and workflow of multiple projects
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and also be
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a project team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiar with common computer programs DesignSmart experience is a big plus
Colwen Hotels offers a comprehensive rewards and compensation package for eligible associates that includes:
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth
- Warm and supportive work environment
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match after one year of employment
- Paid Time off Programs
- Holiday Pay
- Jury Duty Leave and Bereavement Leave
- Hotel Discounts
Colwen Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V