Material Returns Specialist
- 201 W Church Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Are you looking for an employer who offers growth and REAL career opportunities? Colonial Electric Supply Company, Inc. wants you! We believe in a People First strategy that includes customized learning paths including online, onsite and offsite training opportunities, career development tracks, and uncapped advancement and growth opportunities for the right individuals!
Colonial is the premier wholesale electrical supply distributor in the tri-state area. We are a family-owned and operated distributor with over 20 locations and more than 400 employees serving the Electrical Industry with high quality products and services. Colonial's strength comes from our winning team of employees. We offer career development and the opportunity for success along with market competitive compensation and benefits.
Responsible for coordinating with suppliers and clients for return of damaged or incorrect ordered materials. Coordination and authorization of shipping/receiving returns from project site. Tracking of materials and ensuring that Colonial Electric receives material refund. Negotiate with supplier/shipper/client on refund terms. Interfaces with Colonial Major Projects, Accounting, Suppliers, and Client Project Managers.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contact suppliers to authorize and initiate material return. Evaluate cost impact of return options, and coordinate related activities. Coordinate and track materials to the supplier.
- Develop strong relationships with internal project management team and client contacts to facilitate quick and cost effective decision making. Damaged material allowable return timeframe has short expiration.
- Authorize and monitor change order transactions
- 1-3 years of related job experience
- Experience in the field of material/inventory control, quality, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and experience of Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Material Cost, and Negotiations
- Demonstrated planning, forecasting, analytical, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate terms and determine if it is more cost effective to scrap materials vs returning to supplier
- High School Diploma, Associate, or Bachelor's Degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.