Training and Development Coordinator
- 201 West Church Road, King of Prussia, PA
Colonial Electric Supply Company, Inc. has a unique opportunity to contribute at the ground floor level to the development of our Training Program. This position will report directly to the HR Manager and work with company leadership and subject matter experts from all disciplines within the organization. This role will have significant impact throughout the organization and be responsible to contribute to the overall business strategy through developing training materials and enhancing the learners overall experience. Colonial believes in a People First strategy that includes customized learning paths including online, onsite and offsite training opportunities, career development tracks, and uncapped advancement and growth opportunities for the right individuals!
Colonial is the premier wholesale electrical supply distributor in the tri-state area. We are a family-owned and operated distributor with over 20 locations and more than 400 employees serving the Electrical Industry with high quality products and services. Colonial's strength comes from our winning team of employees. We offer career development and the opportunity for success along with market competitive compensation and benefits.
The Training and Development Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Improve organizational results through the identification and development of Curriculum that will improve bench strength, deliver bottom line results and strengthen the capabilities of individuals within the organization.
- Responsible for working with HR along with Subject Matter Experts to update and assess critical job competencies, required workplace performance and learning outcomes, and create the learning experiences to accomplish these results, which enable employees to perform at optimal levels and advance throughout the organization.
- Based on development and recommendations of training from HR & the CEO, analyze off-the-shelf programs, outside consultants, and other external training programs to meet identified training needs.
- Recommends methods, timing, and content of training to the HR Manager.
A bachelor's degree in a related area (OD, HRD, Adult Ed) preferred and at least 5 years of experience in the field. Experience in a sales based business would be a plus. Specific knowledge of current practices in performance management, management development, needs analysis, training design, delivery, and assessment is required.
Ability to work well with all levels of management, build relationships and credibility.
Strong consulting skills. Experience in collaborating with Subject Matter Experts to develop training materials that effectively target specific audiences.
Strong communications, including excellent writing abilities, stand-up/presentation skills, interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to respond to questions from groups including senior management and other team-members.
Demonstrated knowledge of multiple methods for learning, including but not limited to, coaching, mentoring, on-the-job experiences and classroom training.
Strong attention to detail, completeness and accuracy of reports correspondence and manuals.
Excellent planning and organizational skills. Proven follow-up skills. Proficient in analysis, assessment, measurement, and problem-solving abilities.
Must be energetic, well organized, and able to manage shifting priorities.
Strong PC skills including proficiency in MS Office, LMS platforms (Starfield preferred).
Knowledge in creation of e-Learning training a plus.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Strong commitment to confidentiality is a must
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.