Recruiter - Talent Acquisition Specialist
- 201 W Church Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Are you looking for an employer who offers growth and REAL career opportunities? Colonial Electric Supply Company wants you! We believe in a People First strategy that includes customized learning paths including online, onsite and offsite training opportunities, career development tracks, and uncapped advancement and growth opportunities for the right individuals!
Colonial is the premier wholesale electrical supply distributor in the tri-state area. We are a 250+ Million dollar company that is family-owned and operated with over 20 locations and approximately 500 employees serving the Electrical Industry with high quality products and services. Colonial's strength comes from our winning team of employees. We offer career development and the opportunity for success along with market competitive compensation and benefits.
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate a high sense of personal accountability and ownership for the execution of their duties. This individual provides support for overall business objectives through the responsible and timely execution of hiring strategies and day-to-day recruitment functions of the HR Department by performing and/or coordinating the following duties:
- Full life cycle recruiting on office, clerical, sales and warehouse positions
- Post ads and review all applicants, selecting the most qualified
- Pre-screen candidates using predictive analytic tools such as personality survey, risk and aptitude assessments and other assessment criteria.
- Schedule and conduct personal interviews via phone, video and in-person meeting with candidates.
- Collaborate with the manager to select the best candidate
- Present offers of employment to candidates
- Execute post offer background check, drug screens and physicals where necessary
- Notifying candidates who were not selected.
- Assist in recruitment efforts for Management and Sr. Sales positions
- Assist in the on boarding process for new employees
- Create and execute systems that build and maintain relationships with local colleges, high schools, trade schools, etc. as part of the overall recruitment strategy
- Create and execute systems that build and maintain a schedule of events with professional organizations, job fairs and other networking events.
- Manage and maintain an electronic applicant tracking system (currently SmartRecruiters)
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, the individual must demonstrate considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position requires occasional evening and weekend availability as well as approximately 20% regional travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Human Resources preferred
- PHR Certification preferred
- 2 + years experience in agency or corporate recruitment
- Experience working with ADP software (A Plus)
- Demonstrated experience with assessment tools such as Predictive Index, OAD or DISC.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.