Supply Chain Associate
- 201 W Church Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Colonial Electric Supply, Inc. is the premier wholesale electrical supply distributor in the tri-state area. We are a family-owned and operated distributor with over 20 locations and more than 500 employees serving the Electrical Industry with high quality products and services. Colonial's strength is its "people first" strategy of building a winning team through career development, providing opportunities for success along with market competitive compensation and benefits.
The Supply Chain Associate is responsible for the processes employed in identifying, tracking and handling stock and nonstock inventory. The Supply Chain Associate is responsible for continuous improvement, which includes identification and mitigation of weaknesses in the processes, policies, and working with other departments to plan and implement improvements.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that all stock, nonstock and returned items are accounted for and able to be located at all times from moment of possession to picking or other disposition (returns or scrap).
- Work with Product Line Managers (Purchasing) to ensure that all new items have dimensions for sell pack minimum (conveyable dimensions) and stocking package for slotting.
- Ensure that all new items are slotted in appropriate locations
- Ensure that putaway and picking staff handles items correctly.
- Investigate and address any material discrepancy that might negatively impact to customer orders
- Act as the subject matter expert on identification, labeling and handling of material using the warehouse management systems (WMS) and labeling equipment, ensures that shelf locations are identified correctly and consistently, serves as subject matter expert on Identification and labeling of inventory and locations.
- Ensure items are stacked and handled correctly to keep the product in good condition.
- Ensure that locations are adequate in size and type to keep the product in good condition
- Perform regular inspections of aisles and locations for conformance to inventory management and materials handling procedures
- Participate in predicting, planning and implementation of new inventory control procedures required by continued growth.
- Ensure that items that are out of place are reported, actions taken to prevent repeat non conformances and returned to their proper location
- Ensure that all movements are properly checked out of the origin location and checked into the destination location
- Maintain a cycle counting discipline and schedule to reconcile actual sku counts to system counts. Ensure physical counts are reconciled with system counts when discovered between cycle counts.
- Work with operations to regularly pick and dispose of dead inventory according to policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Strategic thinker who is able to implement longer term strategies
- High sense of urgency to address immediate concerns in a prioritized manner
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and procedures
- Prior experience in inventory control preferred
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.