- 3473 Germantown Pike, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Colonial Electric Supply, Inc. is the premier wholesale electrical supply distributor in the tri-state area. We are a rapidly growing, family-owned and operated distributor with over 20 locations and more than 500 employees serving the Electrical Industry with high quality products and services. Colonial's strength is its "people first" strategy of building a winning team through career development, providing opportunities for success along with market competitive compensation and benefits.
Sells merchandise to individuals in store or showroom by processing orders from customers, using all required company policies, procedures and systems in an expeditious manner. Prepare accurate, on-time, competitive quotations for lighting construction bids, enter and expedite orders, and support the branch and outside sales team's selling efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Greets customers on sales floor. Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant telephone etiquette, and a general attitude as a representative of goodwill on behalf of the company at work or during company travel.
- Handles difficulties with customers and coworkers with diplomacy and seek assistance when needed.
- Resolves customer order problems and complaints promptly.
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility. Recommends additional products related to customer needs.
- Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical knowledge of general and specialty merchandise items to assist customers and other company personnel.
- Determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired by being familiar with products sold in the department by use, vendor, location in warehouse, catalog and catalog number, other reference materials, and special selling points.
- Describes or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Identifies and uses appropriate company and/or customer pricing systems.
- Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices, terms and delivery for standard, complex or non-standard merchandise.
- Requisitions merchandise from stockroom and/or withdraws and assembles merchandise for immediate delivery, delayed customer pick-up, company truck delivery or shipment by common carrier. Loads customer materials for “will call” orders.
- Establishes or improves relationships with customers to better understand sales territory, schedule and customer needs by phone and customer visits.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person to receive orders for products.
- Make phone calls to regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Solicits sale of new or additional products.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Prepares cash or charge sales tickets with required identification, necessary information for customer, merchandise, price, and sales tax status for processing, shipment and delivery of merchandise in a timely manner. Follows up with any specific record-keeping requirements.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's delivery schedules.
- Reviews complaints concerning billing or products sold, referring complaints to designated departments for investigation and resolution.
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business transactions.
- Keeps a careful, accurate and daily record of expenses to be reimbursed.
- Sell and promote branch and company-wide promotions and specials as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric scales.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), one – two years desired from a two-year college; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
401k with company match
Company paid Group Life
Short & Long-Term Disability options
Paid time off
Employee Assistance Program
And much more!