- 101 Robbins Rd, Downingtown, PA 19335, USA
Colonial Electric Supply, Inc. is the premier wholesale electrical supply distributor in the tri-state area. We are a rapidly growing, family-owned and operated distributor with over 20 locations and more than 500 employees serving the Electrical Industry with high quality products and services. Colonial's strength is its "people first" strategy of building a winning team through career development, providing opportunities for success along with market competitive compensation and benefits.
Colonial Electric Supply Company, a Best-In-Class Regional distributor is currently seeking a Branch Manager for our Downingtown location. As a leader in our field we are committed to passionate customer service and operational excellence. This challenging position will provide the dedicated candidate the opportunity to further their career with a growth focused company.
Directs distribution, branch sales, and marketing operations for the branch, and handles account responsibilities for customers assigned to that branch by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates distribution, warehousing, and sales in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by Colonial Electric.
- Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote long-term profitable and collectable growth for that branch/market.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Assesses the competency level of each employee and assigns or conducts training to assure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Reviews production costs and product/service quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of the branch relative to expected ratio.
- Recommends budgets to management; analyze and control expenditures of branch to conform budgetary requirements
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluation to develop and control sales program thru use of tools such as: Monthly Staff Meetings, Report Card Review, and management of Action Plans, Performance Reviews, etc
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Implements marketing plans and directives provided by Regional VP and marketing manager; ensuring merchandising of products at the counter; providing feedback to marketing on programs and any market changes (products , competitors, etc) or environmental (industry) changes
- Position may require the individual to be available after normal business hours and will require on call availability 24 hours a day in case of emergency
- Visit and entertain customers
- Ensure clean facility and proper attire for staff
Is responsible for the overall direction as set by senior management OR from within the framework of senior management directives, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and experience in the wholesale electrical distribution industry
- Demonstrated track record of accountability and responsibility
- Management experience preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- 401k with company match
- Company paid Group Life
- Short & Long-Term Disability options
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
And much more!