Showroom Sales Professional
- 485 S Henderson Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Do you love interacting with the public? Do you have an eye for design and home decor? If you answered yes to these questions Bright Light Design Center wants you! Bright Light is seeking Showroom Sales Associates to service our customer base of Interior Designers, Homeowners and Builders. This is a sales position that offers a base salary plus uncapped earning potential through our commission program. This position does require employees to work most Saturdays but there are NO evenings and NO Sundays!
Bright Light Design Center, a division of Colonial Electric Supply Company, Inc. is the premier Lighting Showroom the tri-state area. We have been featured in many home decor magazines and on HGTV. We are a family-owned and operated company with over 20 locations and more than 400 employees serving the Electrical Industry with high-quality products and services.
Colonial’s strength comes from our winning team of employees. We offer career development and the opportunity for success along with market competitive compensation and benefits.
This is a career opportunity to develop or to further your existing skills as a professional Lighting Design Consultant. Entrepreneurial individuals, with no prior experience, will learn the tools, calculations and materials necessary to deliver complex lighting and control designs and help clients select the decorative components of residential lighting projects. This is a challenging opportunity with unlimited earning potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
· Selling to customers and assisting them in the design and selection of decorative lighting fixtures and accessories
o Additional lighting design will be necessary with more experience, including:
§ Recessed lighting layouts
§ Lighting and Motorized Shade Control packages
§ House-Vac, ventilation and other misc system layouts
§ Radiant flooring system layouts
§ Smart Home Integration
§ Reading blueprints and creating a fixture schedule, specifications and pricing
§ Use of our proprietary job management software
· Greet walk-in customers, answer phones, entering orders, taking deposits, managing the orders through the entire sale process;
o Including expediting backorders, returns and orders on hold
o Placing a purchase order directly with a vendor when a customer or situation requires
o Inspecting material for correctness during a return
o Follow the company policies designed to deliver outstanding client service.
· General housekeeping duties to keep showroom appearance within company standards
· Occasionally Open / Close the store (if/when authorized)
· Accurate, daily reconciliation of cash register
· Participate in the company Quality Improvement System
· Participate in the company training system per manager expectations
· Walk the showroom floor daily to familiarize yourself with the latest products in stock which are regularly changed out.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Selling – Selling should follow the CSD Selling Policy, Process and Procedures
o For example, selling specific manufacturers in accordance with the management.
· Organizational Support – Highly organized and detail oriented during the customer follow –up process; Service during and after the Sale!
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills
· Support and embody the organization's goals and values
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma
- ALA Certification (preferred, not required)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product specifications
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Computer Skills to perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate a working knowledge of:
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- Ability to CUT & PASTE pictures and text from one data source to another
- Ability to attach pictures and documents to an email.
- Basic email operations
- Internet Navigation
- Demonstrated understanding of working with electronic documents
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.