Counter Sales - Entry Level (No Nights or Weekends)
- 201 W Church Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Are you looking for an employer who offers growth and REAL career opportunities? Colonial Electric Supply Company, Inc. wants you! We believe in a People First strategy that includes customized learning paths including online, onsite and offsite training opportunities, career development tracks, and uncapped advancement and growth opportunities for the right individuals!
Colonial is the premier wholesale electrical supply distributor in the tri-state area. We are a family-owned and operated distributor with over 20 locations and more than 400 employees serving the Electrical Industry with high quality products and services. Colonial's strength comes from our winning team of employees. We offer career development and the opportunity for success along with market competitive compensation and benefits.
Sells merchandise to individuals in store or showroom by processing orders from customers, using all required company policies, procedures and systems in an expeditious manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned.)
• Greets customers on sales floor. Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant telephone etiquette, and a general attitude as a representative of goodwill on behalf of the company at work or during company travel.
• Handles difficulties with customers and coworkers with diplomacy and seek assistance when needed.
• Resolves customer order problems and complaints promptly.
• Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility. Recommends additional products related to customer needs.
• Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical knowledge of general and specialty merchandise items to assist customers and other company personnel.
• Determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired by being familiar with products sold in the department by use, vendor, location in warehouse, catalog and catalog number, other reference materials, and special selling points.
• Describes or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
• Identifies and uses appropriate company and/or customer pricing systems.
• Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices, terms and delivery for standard, complex or non-standard merchandise.
• Prepares cash or charge sales tickets with required identification, necessary information for customer, merchandise, price, and sales tax status for processing, shipment and delivery of merchandise in a timely manner. Follows up with any specific record-keeping requirements.
• Receives payment or obtains credit authorization.
• Requisitions merchandise from stockroom and/or withdraws and assembles merchandise for immediate delivery, delayed customer pick-up, company truck delivery or shipment by common carrier. Loads customer materials for “will call” orders.
• Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business transactions.
• Sell and promote branch and company wide promotions and specials as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric scales.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), one – two years desired from a two-year college; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Typical environments include offices, light industrial, commercial, utility. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.