- 1033 Sumner Ave, Allentown, PA 18102, USA
Are you looking for an employer who offers growth and REAL career opportunities? Colonial Electric Supply Company wants you! We believe in a People First strategy that includes customized learning paths including online, onsite and offsite training opportunities, career development tracks, and uncapped advancement and growth opportunities for the right individuals!
Colonial is the premier wholesale electrical supply distributor in the tri-state area. We are a 250+ Million dollar company that is family-owned and operated with over 20 locations and more than 400 employees serving the Electrical Industry with high quality products and services. Colonial's strength comes from our winning team of employees. We offer career development and the opportunity for success along with market competitive compensation and benefits.
Summary: Maintain showroom appearance; keep it as per Buyer specifications. Basic receiving and shipping of materials; assemble, unassemble, package for safe transport for all showroom items. Hanging fixtures will require some physical strength and agility; climbing a ladder.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Receiving transferred materials into the store, inspect for damages, un-box, assemble if necessary and place in showroom for resale
o Assembly can include some electrical wiring, hanging or lifting heavy, awkward and or delicate objects
o All manufacturer spare parts are kept organized in the BL system
o Ordering replacement parts that are missing or damaged – for displayed items only
o Print price tag and attach to product
• Receive customer ordered materials, locate on “Pick Up” shelves and notify the salesperson “Material is in”
• Prepare all material for safe transport including:
o Branch Transfers
o Non-business transaction transfers (misc items like office equipment, supplies, etc.)
NOTE: Correct paperwork is the responsibility of others
• Maintain Pack Room supply inventory to adequately conduct daily business (see Pack Room essential supply and re-order sheet)
o Keep pack room clean and organized at all times, remove manufacturer merchandise packaging, vacuum, keep organized
o Keep replacement bulbs for the displays available for any person’s use, bins should be marked and kept accurate
o Keep packaging materials and tools available for any person’s use
• General housekeeping duties to keep showroom appearance within company standards
o Light vacuum, empty trash, outside appearance
o Display sales signage, hang sale signs on specific items
o Bulb and sale-tag replacements
o Report damaged merchandise on the floor
o Light dusting, finger print removal or glass cleaning, light furniture touch-ups
• Occasionally Open / Close the store (if authorized)
• Participating in the company Quality System (write 3 PONCs a month)
• Participate in the company training system (complete 2 BlueVolt modules a month)
Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Computer Skills to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
• MS Word
o Ability to CUT & PASTE pictures and text from one data source to another
o Ability to attach pictures and documents to an email.
• Basic email operations
• Internet Explorer
• Can demonstrate an understanding sending and opening a scanned document
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.