Assistant Facilities Manager - Uxbridge
- Oxford Rd, Denham, UK
Colliers International is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis. Services include brokerage sales and leasing (landlord and tenant representation), real estate management, valuation, consulting, project management, project marketing and research. We provide our services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail and hotel) as well as many specialised property types.
The UK business is headquartered in London, with 700 specialists throughout 11 offices across the UK & Ireland.
Working with (and under the supervision of) the members of the Facilities Management team in Uxbridge, assisting with the provision of Facilities Management services, on a portfolio of managed properties in the South East outside the M25, but with occasional travel into Central London.
Assist FM colleagues with the procurement and instruction of appropriate maintenance and reactive works, via online systems and in person where appropriate.
• Assist FM colleagues by monitoring Health & Safety compliance on the managed portfolio, routinely uploading required H&S information and paperwork to online systems.
• Maintain regular liaison and engagement with occupiers on the managed portfolio, regarding the Facilities Management services and ensuring colleagues are aware of any issues.
• Attend managed properties as required, to enable and support the provision of Facilities Management services for clients and occupiers.
• Maintain a record of all contracts which are in force for the sites under management, ensuring these are reflected and kept up to date on online systems.
• Maintain a record of all occupier contact details for sites under management, ensuring these include emergency contacts, and are kept up to date on online systems.
• Providing occasional holiday cover for a member of the FM team, monitoring emails, online systems, invoices and dealing with matters that arise.
• Must attend the office on a regular basis, frequency to be agreed in advance with Line Manager.
• Assist with the monitoring of contractor performance via online systems, and in person where appropriate, to ensure that contracted works/services are being provided to a satisfactory standard.
• Assist with ensuring that all necessary documentation (certificates, reports, photos etc) is provided by suppliers in a timely fashion, is kept on site, and is recorded through online systems.
• Assist with re-tendering service contracts or obtaining quotes for planned or reactive works at managed properties, helping to ensure high standards and value for money.
• Assist with ensuring service contracts are documented in the Colliers standard format and are signed by a Director.
• Assist with reporting any issues at managed properties to the Facilities Manager and/or the Colliers Helpdesk where required.
• Assist with ensuring that monthly meter readings are regularly obtained for the managed portfolio, physically taking these where needed, and that the information is passed to Colliers’ external utility Consultants for action.
• Assist with the scheduling and where appropriate attending H&S audits, including but not limited to General Risk, Fire Risk, Water Risk and Asbestos.
• Assist with the reporting of any accidents or near miss incidents (RIDDOR) using online systems.
Assist FM colleagues with the preparation of the annual service charge budget and the service charge information pack for occupiers. This is to be done jointly with the Facilities Manager for review and discussion with the Property Manager and/or the Director.
• Assist the Facilities Manager by accurately coding or pre-coding invoices for services provided at managed properties, for review and approval by the Facilities Manager. Where authorised to so, support the Facilities Manager by approving certain invoices for services provided at managed properties.
• Providing occasional holiday cover for invoice approvals, coding and authorising where required following instructions from the Facilities Manager.
Assist the Facilities Manager with reviewing and procuring initiatives to improve occupier and visitor experience.
• Working with the Customer Experience team to prepare and issue surveys to measure customer feedback or other initiatives, to verify the success of service delivery at managed properties.
• Arrange and attend, where appropriate, occupier meetings, frequency to be agreed with the colleagues.
• Prepare and issue ‘Tenant Information Packs’ to all new occupiers.
Undertake property inspections as appropriate, ensuring that Inspection Reports are completed, and fulfilling routine duties in the interest of Facilities Management, including but not limited to; taking meter readings, organising keys, meeting with contractors, liaising with occupiers or site teams, reporting any issues to the Colliers Helpdesk/Facilities Manager as appropriate, attending meetings, audits, or client visits.
Assist the Facilities Manager with the setting of sustainability targets to improve the environmental performance of managed properties and assist with the procurement and implementation of these measures.
• Assist with the measuring and reporting on the success of these initiatives internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organised individual, with excellent customer service skills, organisational and time management skills, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a desire to progress their Facilities Management career.
• A full, clean driving licence, owning their own vehicle.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Must possess sound IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Previous experience in a Facilities Management or Facilities Co-ordination role is essential. • Experience in Health & Safety compliance is essential.
No Agency introductions will be accepted.