Associate Director - Automotive and Roadside
- Brindley Pl, Birmingham, UK
Colliers International is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis. Services include brokerage sales and leasing (landlord and tenant representation), real estate management, valuation, consulting, project management, project marketing and research. We provide our services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail and hotel) as well as many specialised property types.
The UK business is headquartered in London, with 900 specialists throughout 16 offices across the UK and Ireland.
The Automotive and Roadside Department is a specialist team within the Alternative Markets Division as Colliers. The department focusses on a number of property types within the sector to include Vehicle Dealerships, Petrol Filling Stations, Tyre and Exhaust Centres, Trade Counter, EV Charging, Drive Thru’s and other roadside premises and sites.
The department has an interesting varied caseload dealing with Landlord & Tenant, Valuation, Agency, & Consultancy instructions, with a client base from major Plc’s and Banks to sole traders.
Job role to include:
- Pitching, quoting for and undertaking Red Book Valuations within the sector for a range of purposes including loan security and financial reporting. Also providing valuation advice to clients where required for other purposes such as internal reporting, capital gains tax etc.
- The candidate should be familiar with reporting requirements, and compliance with relevant standards. An understanding of valuation software (e.g. Argus) would be helpful to the role.
- Pitching for and carrying out rent reviews, lease renewals and lease regears across a range of properties in the sector for both landlords and tenants.
- The candidate should be familiar with the rent review and lease renewal process and be able to provide high quality advice to clients. Where appropriate, the role will involve dealing with 3rd party dispute resolution processes and the candidate should be familiar with Expert Report writing.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to manage existing client portfolios as well as well as pitching and winning new business.
- The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop their own relationships and client base in the automotive and roadside sectors and will be given the support and platform to do so.
- Whilst the role is essentially for professional matters there will be the opportunity for the successful candidate to be involved in agency, development, and investment instructions.
Further information with regards to the department activities can be found on our website: https://www.colliers.com/en-gb/services/automotive-roadside