PR Manager - Maternity Cover
- George St, Marylebone, London, UK
Colliers International is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis. Services include brokerage sales and leasing (landlord and tenant representation), real estate management, valuation, consulting, project management, project marketing and research. We provide our services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail and hotel) as well as many specialised property types.
The UK business is headquartered in London, with 900 specialists throughout 16 offices across the UK and Ireland.
Reporting to the Director of PR & Communications | UK & EMEA, this person is one of three PR Managers responsible for devising and implementing PR plans for key business lines and all the regional cities in the UK. This includes content and channel management for media communications and generating internal communications.
Media relations is a key aspect of this role and the post holder is required to develop and enhance relationships with print, broadcast and social media.
The post holder will work with a variety of stakeholders from across the business including business, city and divisional heads; the marketing team; online communications team; financial and regional PR agencies.
- Provide Business Heads/City Heads and other key internal stakeholders with counsel and PR guidance in line with their business plans. Developing and implementing PR plans for key departments and cities in accordance with the strategic direction of the firm, the company’s communications policies and issues management protocols when necessary.
- Campaign development and management to emphasise business credentials and thought leadership status. Using a variety of channels, such as national, broadcast, trade, digital and social media, etc., to effectively communicate our messages through creative B2B PR campaigns fully integrated with the wider marketing strategy. Attending key industry conferences as a representative of the Colliers brand, overseeing the PR campaign and media relations programme.
- Proactively sourcing news from across the business - from opportunities including new instructions, transactions, research reports, significant new starters and new business initiatives - identifying opportunities to use these to enhance the brand
- Reinforcing existing media relationships and developing new ones between individuals and relevant journalists through a strategic media engagement programme. As well as building personal media relationships that will benefit the business lines and the brand.
- Write business-to-business communications including speeches, news releases, op-eds, social media engagement, award entries and other corporate communications for your specific business lines.
- Measuring the impact of the media strategy through monthly press coverage reports and media evaluation.
- Foster strong relationships and connectivity with key internal stakeholder groups in the UK and across the EMEA.
- Collaboration is key, coupled with an outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Ability to work under pressure and to time constraints
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to identify market trends and insights, and optimise performance based on the insights
- Proactive use of reporting, analysis and insight to develop and optimise campaigns
- Must possess strong commercial and customer focus
Qualifications and Experience
- Solid PR and media relations experience within commercial real estate is preferable or within the professional services industry.
- Previous experience of creative B2B PR & Marekting camapign management and planning.
- Existing relationships with the media
- Strong English writing skills (both a flair for writing and attention to detail in terms of spelling and grammar and editing others’ work).
- Experience and interest in social media and how to exploit social media from a reputation management and business development perspective.