Retail Facilities Manager
- Coomera QLD 4209, Australia
- Employment Category: Permanent Full Time
About Colliers in Australia & New Zealand
As Australia’s own global real estate success story, the Colliers International brand was established in Australia in 1976. With 2000 people operating from 23 Australian and 26 New Zealand company owned and affiliate offices, we provide a full range of professional services for real estate investors, owners and occupiers across transactions, advisory and management.
In 2021, we continue to build on a track record of revenue and profit result growth, and have been widely recognised for our enterprising culture by the likes of:
- The Australian newspaper - ranked our ANZ business as the 20th most profitable enterprise in Australia, measured by return on shareholder funds.
- Aon - Best Employer in Australia for the fourth year running.
- LinkedIn - “Top 25 Companies where Australia wants to work”.
Reporting to the Centre Manager and based at Coomera Square, you will be responsible for the operations and risk management of a portfolio of centres to ensure optimum investment return. Additionally, you will manage key relationships with tenants and service providers, whilst also making recommendations to improve the overall performance of the assets. Your ability to manage budgets effectively, contribute to investment plans and control costs and expenditure will be key to your success.
Other key accountabilities include:
- Ensuring building compliance is proactively managed to ensure that all legislative requirements are adhered to at all times
- Undertaking regular re-tendering of service contracts including a review of specifications and role requirements taking into consideration best practice
- Daily on-site contractor management
- Managing and maintaining the high standard presentation and day-to-day operations of the asset, including security, maintenance and safety
- Developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including tenants, clients, contractors and colleagues
- Reviewing the monthly operating expenditure against budget
- Working with the Centre General Manager to produce monthly client reports as required
- Ensuring all planned preventative maintenance is executed in accordance with schedules and all plant and equipment is maintained to the very highest of standards
- Focus on sustainability improvements and adding value through efficiencies in the operations of the centres.
- Managing capital expenditure projects
Further skills and experience you will bring include:
- Experience in a similar role, with knowledge of shopping centre operations
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise
- Experience using computer-based building maintenance and management systems
- Ability to build trusted relationships with all stakeholdersStrong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This role requires an individual with strong commercial acumen within the retail/centre management industry who can add real value as well as experience in managing the day-to-day operations of a retail centre efficiently.
Please apply with your CV or call Kate Dobbie – Senior Recruitment Manager on 07 3026 3309 for more information. Please be advised that applications will only be accepted directly rather than via recruitment agencies.
Colliers International is a leader in global real estate services and a great local success story. Ours is a culture of service excellence and collaboration that provides our people with the ideal platform to engage their clients, develop their skills and accelerate their careers. For you this means a world of opportunity and the power to succeed.