- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Employment Category: Permanent Full Time
As Australia’s own global real estate success story, the Colliers brand was established in Australia in 1976. With 2000 people operating from 23 Australian and 26 New Zealand company owned and affiliate offices, we provide a full range of professional services for real estate investors, owners and occupiers across transactions, advisory and management.
In 2021, we continue to build on a track record of revenue and profit growth, and have been widely recognised for our enterprising culture by the likes of:
- The Australian newspaper - ranked our ANZ business as the 20th most profitable enterprise in Australia, measured by return on shareholder funds.
- Aon - Best Employer in Australia for four years running.
- LinkedIn - “Top 25 Companies where Australia wants to work”.
We have a current vacancy for an experienced facilities professional who takes pride in contributing to exceptional building operations and presentation standards.
You’ll be working with Canberra’s leading Office Asset Class experts and play an important role in the as the conduit between our clients, their property, and the customer (tenants).
As part of our wider Real Estate Management division, you will manage key relationships with tenants and service providers, whilst also making recommendations to improve the environmental performance of our clients’ assets. Your ability to manage budgets effectively and contribute to investment plans to maximise asset values will also be key, as will the ability to control costs and expenditure.
Other key accountabilities include:
- Ensuring building compliance and driving initiatives on engineering standards across the business
- Developing and enhancing the team’s portfolio of services
- Managing the presentation and day-to-day operations of allocated properties, including security, maintenance and safety
- Developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including tenants, clients, contractors and colleagues
- Reviewing the monthly operating expenditure against budget
- Working with Property Managers to produce monthly client reports as required
- Managing data within the facilities management software
- Ensuring all planned preventative maintenance is executed in accordance with schedules
- Ensuring each asset remains compliant with the required standards
- Monthly reporting on the operation of each asset.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who combine knowledge and experience of engineering and building operations across a range of asset types, with the commercial awareness to build a profitable, high performing business and the people leadership skills to create a unified team culture across our client portfolios in Canberra.
Further skills and experience you will bring to the role include:
- Facilities, Engineering or Building Management role, in a commercial environment.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise
- Experience using computer based building maintenance and management systems
- Ability to build trusted relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication
Your strong understanding of building services and systems will be evident, as will your ability to communicate effectively and build positive and productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
If you have the drive, professionalism and commercial acumen, we will provide you with a supportive and professional environment, autonomy and development for real success.
Apply Now with your CV or call Lydia Masterson on 02 4702 0129 for more information.
Please be advised that applications will only be accepted directly rather than via recruitment agencies.