Facilities Manager | Real Estate Management
- Sydney, Australia
- Employment Category: Permanent Full Time
As Australia’s own global real estate success story, the Colliers International brand was established in Australia in 1976. With 2000 people operating from 23 Australian and 26 New Zealand company owned and affiliate offices, we provide a full range of professional services for real estate investors, owners and occupiers across transactions, advisory and management.
In 2021, we continue to build on a track record of revenue and profit result growth, and have been widely recognised for our enterprising culture by the likes of:
- The Australian newspaper - ranked our ANZ business as the 20th most profitable enterprise in Australia, measured by return on shareholder funds.
- Aon - Best Employer in Australia for the fourth year running.
- LinkedIn - “Top 25 Companies where Australia wants to work”.
Due to organic growth we are looking to appoint a facilities management professional who takes pride in contributing to exceptional building operations across a portfolio of Industrial properties.
As part of our wider Real Estate Management division, you will manage key relationships with tenants and service providers, whilst also making recommendations to improve the environmental performance of our clients’ assets. Your ability to manage budgets effectively and control costs and expenditure will be key.
Other key accountabilities include:
- Ensuring building compliance and driving initiatives on building & engineering standards across the business and your managed properties.
- Developing and enhancing the team’s portfolio of services.
- Managing the presentation and day-to-day operations of allocated properties, including security, maintenance and safety.
- Developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including tenants, clients, contractors and colleagues.
- Reviewing the monthly operating expenditure against budget.
- Working with Property Managers to produce monthly client reports as required.
- Managing data within the facilities management software.
- Ensuring all planned preventative maintenance is executed in accordance with schedules.
Further skills and experience you will bring to the role include:
- Facilities, Engineering or Building Management experience in a commercial environment desirable.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise.
- Experience using computer based building maintenance and management systems, with an ability to quickly pick up new IT systems.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with all stakeholders, particularly clients. This role is direct client facing and strong customer services skills are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
Please be advised that applications will only be accepted directly rather than via recruitment agencies. If you want a confidential discussion, please call Tom Keady on 02 9257 0314