Senior Property Manager
- Newcastle NSW, Australia
Colliers International is a global real estate services firm operating in over 60 countries. We advise people on buying, selling, leasing, managing and valuing real estate all over the world. What sets Colliers apart is not what we do, but how we do it. We think differently and are enterprising. Colliers is where market leaders are made.
Colliers International is proud to be an AON Best Employer for Australia & NZ in both 2017 & 2018 and named one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Australia for 2019. By providing the best employment experience and industry-leading platforms, we maximise the potential of property and accelerate the success of our clients and our people.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Property Manager to join the real estate management team in Newcastle. We are driven to maximise the performance of our client’s assets by developing and implementing commercial property management solutions that enhance value and increase efficiency.
You will build strong relationships with the client’s various stakeholders and tenants to ensure that business objectives are met, and expectations are exceeded. You will successfully achieve this by:
- Positioning and protecting the investment performance of assigned property assets, ensuring profitability through diligent and professional management.
- Undertaking frequent inspections in order to oversee the presentation and maintenance of the property assets, ensuring high standards of appearance at all times.
- Facilitating resources, both in-house and out-sourced, promoting an overall team effort to maintain services and resolve property issues.
- Implementing and maintaining orderly lease administration, financial management procedures and overall reporting, including monitoring of all statutory charges and providing the client with recommendations as necessary.
- Ensuring all lease and other documentation is fully executed and in place
- Liaising regularly with owners regarding all aspects of management, including providing recommendations to the client in accordance with agreed standards and requirements, and conducting the negotiations relating to rent reviews, lease renewals and leasing along with other tenant negotiations as required, in a timely and professional manner.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5 + years’ experience in commercial property management, including a thorough understanding of commercial leasing practices, legislation, procedures and terminology
- Strong working knowledge of building services and real estate market activities, developments and trends to assess possible implications on tenancy, financial and physical aspects
- Strong Excel skills
- Exposure to accrual accounting, budgeting, forecasting and variance commentary.
- Strong organisational and negotiation skills
- Ability to build and foster key relationships and your desire to work in a highly team orientated environment
We are ideally looking for a self-motivated, pro-active individual who is able to work well on their own as well as having a desire to collaborate and add value to both the client and the wider Real Estate Management team.
If you have the drive, professionalism and commercial acumen, we will provide you with a supportive and professional environment, autonomy and development for real success.
Colliers International is a leader in global real estate services and a great local success story. Ours is a culture of service excellence and collaboration that provides our people with the ideal platform to engage their clients, develop their skills and accelerate their careers. For you this means a world of opportunity and the power to succeed.
Please apply with your CV or call Kate Dobbie– Senior Recruitment Manager on 07 3026 3309 for more information. Please be advised that applications will only be accepted directly rather than via recruitment agencies.