Senior Property Manager
- Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Colliers International is a global real estate services firm operating in over 60 countries. We advise people on buying, selling, leasing, managing and valuing real estate all over the world. What sets Colliers apart is not what we do, but how we do it. We think differently and are enterprising. Colliers is the place where creative and entrepreneurial people with high integrity choose to make a difference.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Property Manager join our growing Real Estate Management team in Sydney, managing a team of 3 Property Managers. We are driven to maximise the performance of our client’s assets by working with owners, landlords and investors to develop and implement commercial property management solutions that enhance value and increase efficiency.
This key role will be responsible for the asset management of our client's commercial portfolio. You will build strong relationships with the clients and landlords to ensure that business objectives are met and expectations are exceeded. You will successfully achieve this by:
- Positioning and protecting the investment performance of assigned property assets, ensuring profitability through diligent and professional management.
- Undertaking frequent inspections in order to oversee the presentation and maintenance of the property assets, ensuring high standards of appearance at all times.
- Facilitating resources, both in-house and out-sourced, promoting an overall team effort to maintain services and resolve property issues.
- Implementing and maintaining orderly lease administration, financial management procedures and overall reporting, including monitoring of all statutory charges and providing owners with recommendations for appeal against valuations as necessary.
- Ensuring all lease and other documentation is fully executed and in place.
- Liaising regularly with owners regarding all aspects of management, including providing recommendations to the client in accordance with agreed standards and requirements, and conducting the negotiations relating to rent reviews, lease renewals and leasing along with other tenant negotiations as required, in a timely and professional manner.
- Implementation of preventative maintenance services, including cleaning, security, repairs and maintenance, painting, air-conditioning, fire protection, lifts and emergency contracts and undertake regular cost reviews against the contractors performance to ensure “value for money” in conjunction with the Facilities Manager.
The successful candidate will have:
- 6+ years’ experience in commercial property management, including a thorough understanding of commercial leasing practices, legislation, procedures and terminology
- Strong working knowledge of building services and real estate market activities, developments and trends to assess possible implications on tenancy, financial and physical aspects
- Strong Excel skills
- Exposure to accrual accounting
- Previous use of MRI management system (or similar) is highly regarded
- Strong organisational and negotiation skills
- Ability to build and foster key relationships and your desire to work in a highly team orientated environment
We are ideally looking for a self-motivated, pro-active individual who is able to work well on their own as well as having a desire to collaborate and add value to the wider Real Estate Management team.
If you have the drive, professionalism and commercial acumen, we will provide you with a supportive and professional environment, autonomy and development for real success.
Colliers International is a leader in global real estate services and a great local success story. Ours is a culture of service excellence and collaboration that provides our people with the ideal platform to engage their clients, develop their skills and accelerate their careers. For you this means a world of opportunity and the power to succeed.
Colliers International offers a great opportunity to work independently within a fun and inclusive office environment. You will be rewarded for your efforts as part of an international business which is always changing and expanding.
Please apply with your CV or call If you require further information, please contact Chrystalla Costi on 02 97703209 for a confidential discussion. Please be advised that applications will only be accepted directly rather than via recruitment agencies.