Assistant Property Manager
Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ and TSX: CIGI) is an industry-leading global real estate services company with 15,400 skilled professionals operating in 69 countries. With an enterprising culture and significant employee ownership, Colliers professionals provide a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include strategic advice and execution for property sales, leasing and finance; global corporate solutions; property, facility and project management; workplace solutions; appraisal, valuation and tax consulting; customized research; and thought leadership consulting.
General Summary of Responsibilities
· Manage a team of Property Officer / Executive
· Responsible to the Department Head for the business result of the Team.
· Undertake continued development of the Team in accordance with the approved business plan.
· Source for business for the company / department through client contact, networking with other departments (locally and regionally) as well as general promotion of Colliers services.
· Undertake training and development of the people within the Team and promote an on-going career path for them.
· Provide leadership, managerial direction and personal encouragement to all employees within the Team, including guidance on all property management procedures.
· Liaise with existing building owners on property management performance, including the use of tenant and client surveys.
Specific Job Requirements
· Assist in recruitment and promotion of staff.
· Oversee and evaluate the performance of staff.
· Provide team support during meetings with clients.
· Forge team support amongst staff to ensure smooth operations.
· Attend to all correspondence matters in connection with management and maintenance of estates under the responsibility of the Team.
· Manage and maintain properties assigned to the Team to the highest standards expected.
· Ensure all clients’ and statutory timelines for meetings & submissions are adhered to.
· Prepare and implement overall preventive maintenance program.
· Assist in resolving conflicts that arise between clients and staff.
· Provide support to other teams should the needs arise.
· Implement policies of the division for the smooth running of the division.
· Assist in securing contracts i.e. marketing and property management.
· Cover the duties & responsibilities of any member of your team who has resigned, on long leave, medical leave, etc.
· Keep management informed of staff in your team who is on leave, M.C. etc. including ensuring that all the staff in the Team draw up their schedule of leave at the beginning of the year. This schedule is to forecast the individual staff leave for the whole year.
· Ensure the proper execution of all works in every estate in your portfolio.
· Conduct regular inspection of projects or problem areas in the estate.
· Build rapport with clients and tenants and get feedback.
· Ensure that estates are kept clean and properly managed.
· Ensure that all cash collections on site are properly managed and recorded.
· Take charge of all correspondences and to ensure that every completed letters written to us must be first promptly acknowledged and replied.
· Ensure punctuality of staff at work and to sign the daily attendance register. To take actions on those staff who reports to work late.
· Prepare draft budget estimates for the projects under the Team.
· Attend all client meeting.
· Ensure all staff complies with Company and Department policies.
· Ensure that minutes of all meetings, correspondences, circulars etc. are vetted before sending out clients.