Associate Director of Development
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
At College Mentors, we believe that mentoring transforms lives. We connect kids to college students through weekly on-campus activities that inspire growth, confidence, and brighter futures. We serve elementary school kids and college students across more than 30 chapters in 9 states. Our vision is for all kids to look forward sooner and be able to give back later. Learn more at www.collegementors.org.
The Associate Director of Development (ADD) is an essential component of the development effort necessary to achieve College Mentors for Kids’ philanthropic goals. Primary responsibilities of the ADD are to oversee annual fund management/individual campaigns, support corporate sponsorship efforts, assist in managing the donor database, and manage stewardship efforts for all donors.
Attention to detail, the ability to follow and improve processes, and strong communication skills are valuable for this position. Applicants do not need to have previous experience with Raiser’s Edge (donor database) but must exhibit a willingness to learn.
Candidates must be able to pass background check consisting of National Sex Offender Registry, Criminal History, and driving records check.
The national office of College Mentors for Kids is located in Indianapolis, IN. This position will be hybrid, with a mix of in-person and remote work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Annual Fund Management / Individual Giving Campaigns
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive, goal-driven Annual Fund plan that results in steady growth in total dollars and increased donor retention and upgrade of gifts.
- Design and implement annual donor appeals.
- Develop and test innovative strategies to increase annual fund giving.
- Personally cultivate and solicit annual fund prospects.
- Create and maintain a development calendar to strategically plan and implement development activities throughout year.
- Manage renewal process for individual donors.
- Support chapter fundraising efforts, including Week for the Kids and Giving Tuesday.
- Support organizational peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns.
- Support all corporate sponsorship activities, including soliciting, confirming, tracking and stewarding.
- Implement and operationalize the stewardship program to help donors understand the impact of their investment.
- Design and inform donors of the outcomes and community benefits that resulted from their investment.
- Design, manage and implement communication pieces which are part of the regular cycle of outreach and communication, i.e. eNewsletter and general stewardship pieces.
- Schedule and implement campus activity visits.
- Support all development activities and events.
Donor Database / Development Data
- Collaborate with the operations team to fully implement and utilize Raiser’s Edge, our donor database, including assisting with data entry, ensuring strong data management practices and creating and running development reports.
- Provide development reports.
- Collect alumni data through surveys, end of year collection, and research and outreach, and input and update data in Raiser’s Edge.
You would be a great fit for this role if:
- You enjoy writing, creating and designing materials.
- You are detail-oriented and committed to accuracy.
- You can communicate effectively with a diverse group of individual stakeholders.
- You enjoy individual work and can meet deadlines.
- You enjoy juggling a lot of tasks, details, and information at the same time.
College Mentors values diverse perspectives and experiences, and we encourage candidates from all types of educational and work backgrounds to apply. We expect all staff to participate in ongoing training and continuous learning.
Salary Range and Benefits:
- $37,000 - $39,000
- Full time, exempt
- Generous vacation package, including:
- 16 days of paid vacation time per year, increasing to 25 days over time
- 8 paid holidays plus the full week between Dec 24 – January 1
- Paid sick time of 6 days per year
- Health, vision, and dental insurance from your first day of employment (90% of premium covered for employees by College Mentors)
- Up to 3% 403b match retirement account
- Laptop for work use
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Professional development training opportunities
The deadline to apply is August 8, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis upon receipt. The ideal candidate will be available to start around September 1.
College Mentors for Kids is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment that honors diverse backgrounds.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by a person’s race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable United States federal or state law. Additionally, membership and participation in College Mentors for Kids’ program are free from discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable United States federal or state law.