- 50 Milk St, Boston, MA 02110, USA
The College Diabetes Network (CDN) is a 501c3 non-profit organization whose mission is singularly focused on providing young adults with T1D the peer connections they value, and expert resources they need, to successfully manage the challenging transition to independence at college and beyond.
Founded in 2009, CDN works for the day when all young adults with diabetes are motivated and equipped to live a healthy life, so they can pursue their dreams without compromise
We are seeking a high-energy, detailed-oriented go-getter to support CDN development activities working closely with the CEO and Development team. This role will assist with developing and implementing activities to identify, cultivate and steward individual, corporate and foundation donors. This role will also support the CEO with scheduling coordination, contact management, meeting preparation and related follow-up activities.
Understanding the specific challenges faced by those Type 1 Diabetes is not required. However, a strong candidate would be able to demonstrate empathy for the ongoing challenges facing those with a chronic disease and would develop their own impassioned way to share the CDN mission with partners and donors.
- Provide daily administrative support for development activities and programs; coordinate meetings and event logistics; track, update and report on prospect data and fundraising activities
- Conduct research on individual donor prospects, foundation grant opportunities and prospective corporate partners
- Assist with preparation of proposals, grants, Corporate Membership renewals, presentations and related fundraising communications as well as donor acknowledgments
- Work collaboratively with Development Manager, CEO and other team members to implement new fundraising strategies
- Create written and visual content to facilitate stewardship activities and donor engagement
- Ensure that donor prospecting, cultivation and stewardship activities are accurately recorded in Salesforce; run reports and dashboards that inform and drive action among staff
- Work closely with COO to ensure accurate accounting and documentation of funds
- Assist Development team with special events logistics and meeting preparation
- Support CEO with scheduling and management of contacts, notes and action items from conferences and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 1-2 years of fundraising or similar business development support experience
- Well-developed research skills and ability to collect, interpret and present information clearly and concisely
- Organized and detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proficient with CRM/donor databases and funding platforms; experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Ability to establish priorities in a fast-paced environment and contribute to a healthy team dynamic
- Ability take initiative and to work and make judgments independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Occasional overnight travel as needed.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
Submit your resume along with a thoughtful cover note explaining your interest in the position and how your skills and experience can help CDN fulfill its mission.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.