- Cambridge, MA
Collabera is ranked among the top 10 Information Technology (IT) and professional staffing firms in the U.S., with more than $600 million in sales revenue and a global presence that represents approximately 14,000+ professionals across North America (U.S., Canada), Asia Pacific (India, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia), and Europe (Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom). We support our clients with a strong recruitment model and a sincere commitment to their success, which is why more than 75% of our clients rank us amongst their top three staffing suppliers
Speech and Language Annotator(Japanese)
6 Months Contract with high possibility of conversion of fulltime
- Amazon is seeking a Data Associate to join our Kindle data team. We are building language solutions that power Kindle products.
- This role focuses on language data, primarily in the areas of transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis deliverables. The Associate must be capable of:
- ◦ Transcribing and annotating high priority deliverables ◦ Delivering high quality work under aggressive deadlines ◦ Translating established guidelines into daily work practices ◦ Working autonomously with minimal direction ◦ Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers ◦ Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output
- In addition, the Data Associate will need to quickly understand changes to conventions deployed in response to customers’ requests and change workflows accordingly. The Associate should be able to contribute to improvements in the software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
- The Data Associate must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. The ideal candidate also:
- ◦ Shows proactive behavior in addressing issues and problems ◦ Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills, and is very detailed-oriented ◦ Is comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment ◦ Demonstrates willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept re-prioritization as necessary ◦ Adapts quickly to keep up with changing project conventions and new projects required skills
- Fluency in Japanese language, both verbal and written ◦ Experience using English in a professional setting ◦ Experience working as a transcriber or annotator ◦ Able to work with audio content (wearing headsets) for a portion of the day ◦ Working knowledge of computers
- Preferred skills
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; a degree working with language, linguistics preferred ◦ Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs ◦ Experience working with language data, including experience with annotation and other forms of data markup ◦ Interest in semantics and related areas
(ONLY US CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD)