Sustainable-Renewable Energy Instructor
- Norton Correctional Facility, Norton, KS, United States
Colby Community College is located in northwest Kansas, approximately 50 miles from the Nebraska and Colorado borders. From a humble beginning of the 99 students in 1964, CCC now serves more than 1900 students annually.
In addition to a 57-acre main campus, CCC has a 60-acre farm used as a hands-on laboratory and training facility. The college also accommodates hundreds of off-campus students through face-to-face, online, and hybrid courses.
A number of studies conclude CCC is a solid educational investment. Colby has a strong history of student performance and ranks near the top for graduation and retention rates among all Kansas community colleges.
Colby Community College is accepting applications for a full-time Sustainable-Renewable Energy Instructor to teach at the Norton Correctional Facility. The office for this position is located inside the NCF and anticipated to begin immediately. The candidate should establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, administrators, and faculty. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate will assess student learning and application of course objectives and competencies, along with designing, developing, and maintaining the course curriculum. Participation in various professional activities, such as actively serving on program advisory committees and advising students is expected. Must understand the importance of technology, integrity, innovative thinking, and working as a team to increase enrollment in a rural setting.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of electricity and/or electronics
- Experience in electrical, solar, or wind energy field, or possess a renewable energy technology certificate or equivalent
Beginning in the mid-30s, depending on credentials
Flexible benefits program that includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, life insurance, reimbursement accounts, sick leave and vacation leave allowances. Participation in the state retirement program is required.
The priority deadline is March 9, 2021. To be considered, applicants must submit a letter of application, resume, all postsecondary transcripts and references to:
Colby Community College
ATTN: Human Resources
1255 S. Range
Colby, KS 67701
Materials may be emailed to hr(at)colbycc.edu.
- Minimum of two years of wind or solar technician experience OR equivalent
- Associate of Applied Science degree in solar PV, wind, electrical, electronics or similar field
- A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Bachelor's or master's degree in solar PV, wind technology, sustainable/renewable energy or a closely related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in construction
- Relevant work experience in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial, or automotive setting
- Experience teaching or training at any level is preferred.
Colby Community College provides equality of opportunity to its applicants for admission, enrolled students, graduates, and employees. The College does not discriminate with respect to hiring, continuation of employment, promotion, tenure, other employment practices, application for admission or career services and placement on the basis of race, color, gender, age, disability, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation or religion. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Human Resources Office, 1255 South Range Ave., Colby, KS 67701. (785) 460-5406. hr(at)colbycc.edu
Candidates identifying as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act who would like to request accommodations should contact Human Resources.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.