- 1455 Frazee Rd, San Diego, CA 92108, USA
- Office: San Diego, CA
- Department: Marketing
At Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small, including commercial, retail, institutional, government, industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in 1979, we have employees in more than 20 locations serving clients across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as project/construction managers and professionals in a variety of specialty services. This ability has made us a leader in the engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to work.
Provides marketing support with tasks related to local office marketing pursuits including proposal, marketing materials, marketing systems and data, and other marketing support tasks. Works closely with corporatewide marketing team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support marketing needs of an office including development of marketing materials, attending and hosting marketing events, and supporting and leading marketing focused initiatives.
- Develop marketing information supporting various pursuits including both prime and subconsultant proposal support and development.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials and information including resumes, boilerplate information, projects descriptions, etc., based on input from others.
- Assist with internal and external messaging through press releases and award preparation.
- Update social media and website information.
- Plan marketing and special event activities with input and direction from supervisor and others.
- Position requires attention to detail, ability to juggle several tasks at once, a high degree of accuracy, excellent grammar skills, and able to maintain a busy schedule.
- Skills in graphic design and strategic thinking, and a passion for learning new concepts, are preferred.
- Participate in professional and community organizations, including SMPS.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be a self-starter who is able to see the big picture and connect the vision of the company with his/her job, be persistent, and follow through in a consistent manner.
- Passionate about the client or pursuit and takes ownership of his/her work.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment (or demonstrate ability to develop such abilities).
- Possess strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical abilities (or demonstrate ability to develop such abilities).
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and desktop publishing software preferred. Must understand database concepts.
- Able to work independently and on teams.
- Strong organizational ability; detail oriented; high degree of accuracy.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Positive contributor to overall office and department goals, culture, and morale.
- 2- or 4-year degree in related field a plus.
- 0-2 years of professional marketing experience a plus.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
At this time, Coffman Engineers is subject to various state and client COVID-19 vaccination mandates in order to work on certain projects. In addition, there are two federal mandates pending which are under review by the United States legal system. If either mandate is implemented, it would impact Coffman employees.
Therefore, we will ask you about your COVID-19 vaccination status upon hire. If you choose not to be vaccinated for COVID-19, or request and are denied a medical or religious exemption, or we are unable to accommodate you even with an approved exemption, or you do not wish to inform us of your COVID-19 vaccination status, our ability to continue your employment may be impacted.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time of transition in our country. If you have any questions about these mandates or any other questions generated by this message, please contact the HR Representative with whom you have been working.
Why You Want to Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, including a flexible PTO program and a fun office environment. With our warm climate there are numerous things to do in San Diego; we are located near many art galleries, museums, gardens and the renowned San Diego Zoo. We welcome the dedicated and the driven to join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:
Coffman at a Glance:
- 43 years in business
- 650+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 20 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #29 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2021
- #157 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2022
- #1 Top Workplace (Small), The San Diego Union-Tribune, 2020
- #4 Best Places to Work (Large), San Diego Business Journal, 2021
- #8 “The List” for Engineering Firms, San Diego Business Journal, 2021
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.