Alternative Energy Project Manager/Project Engineer
- Frazee Rd, San Diego, CA 92108, USA
- Office: Encino, CA
- Department: Project Management
At Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small, including commercial, retail, institutional, government, industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in 1979, we have employees in more than 16 locations serving clients across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as project/construction managers and professionals in a variety of specialty services. This ability has made us a leader in the engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to work.
Coffman Engineers is seeking an Alternative/Renewable Energy Project Manager/Project Engineer for our San Diego office. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, energetic team player with 10+ years of project management, design, and engineering experience in renewable or alternative energy (microgrids, CHP, battery storage, etc.). Coffman’s office offers a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities.
You would report directly to the local office general manager, but you would also be reporting to and supporting the Corporate Energy and Sustainability Vice President.
The ideal candidate will have experience in: engineering for a variety of projects involving electrical utilities, substations, battery storage facilities, energy projects, power projects, microgrids, renewable energy, building and module design; and, overseeing subcontractors and coordinating multifaceted multidiscipline projects. Candidates should have experience leading a multidiscipline team of engineers and designers. Candidate should also have desire and expertise in business development to bring in projects and new clients to Coffman.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in CA in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Fire Protection, or Structural Discipline with engineering background
- Project or Construction Management experience in the specified industries and sectors
- Business development experience
- PMP certified (preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in electrical energy industries (ex: solar, power generation, battery, microgrid, wind, CHP, etc.)
- Ability to lead a multidiscipline engineering team
- Ability to provide peer review of designs
- Ability to develop proposals, execution plans and technical engineering reports
- Experience with front end loading engineering process and programming
- Experience with total installed cost development
- Ability to communicate with client/stakeholders effectively
- Reading and preparing project drawings including plans, sections, bills of materials
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Travelling to provide support at job sites and to other Coffman offices (less than 25% of time)
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Why You Want To Work Here
Coffman Engineers is a company that truly focuses on its employees. We support and encourage individually tailored professional and technical advancement as well as personal growth. We offer an excellent salary/benefits package, a desirable location, and a professional office environment with the opportunity to work with a collaborative team.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, including a flexible PTO program and a fun office environment. With our warm climate there are numerous things to do in San Diego; we are located near many art galleries, museums, gardens and the renowned San Diego Zoo. We welcome the dedicated and the driven to join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Coffman-Engineers-Reviews-E409809.htm
Coffman at a Glance:
- 41 years in business
- 500+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 16 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #177 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2019
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.