- 1101 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
- Office: Seattle, WA
- Department: Accounting
At Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small, including commercial, retail, institutional, government, industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in 1979, we have employees in more than 16 locations serving clients across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as project/construction managers and professionals in a variety of specialty services. This ability has made us a leader in the engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to work.
You’re ambitious. You want something inspiring. You’re looking for new energy, in yourself and in your job. That’s great, especially if you have a background in accounting. We’re looking for you, too! We wish to enhance our Accounting team with a Controller who will provide hands-on corporate-wide accounting functions from our office in Seattle, Washington.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual that thrives on finding creative solutions to achieve operational excellence and understands the importance of maintaining a positive company culture. If you’re looking for an established firm with excellent benefits, we want to hear from you.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 5+ years of accounting experience required
- Experience with a consulting engineering firm preferred
- Excel expertise required; SQL, FileMaker Pro, and BST or Microsoft D365 experience a plus
- Experience managing a small size team
- Balancing many short and long-term projects with daily responsibilities
- Feeling of ownership in personal and team’s results
- Strong communication skill with senior management and non-accountants
Why You Want To Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, including flexible work schedules, PTO program, and generous 401(k) match. Whether it is delivering the best possible service to our clients, or collaborating with other talented team members, we welcome the dedicated and the driven to join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Coffman-Engineers-Reviews-E409809.htm
Coffman at a Glance:
- 40+ years in business
- 500+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 16 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #177 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2019
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.