Fire Protection Engineering Intern
- 1939 Harrison St, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
- Office: Oakland, CA
- Department: Fire Protection
At Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small, including commercial, retail, institutional, government, industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in 1979, we have employees in more than 16 locations serving clients across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as project/construction managers and professionals in a variety of specialty services. This ability has made us a leader in the engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to work.
The right team is more than an advantage, it’s a game changer! Come work with a team of engineering professionals dedicated to excellence at Coffman Engineers’ Bay Area office.
Coffman Engineers is seeking a Fire Protection Engineering Intern for its Bay Area office. This is a great opportunity to learn more about all aspects of engineering, as well as the business side of working in an engineering office. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, have a desire to work and grow with a multi-discipline engineering team, and be willing to have fun.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- BS degree in engineering or related science
- Minimum of 0 to 3 years of professional experience
- Continuing professional training in engineering
- Potential for EIT, NICET, and PE preferred
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment (or demonstrate ability to develop such abilities).
- Possess strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical abilities (or demonstrate ability to develop such abilities).
- Able to maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel preferred.
- Positive contributor to overall office and department goals, culture, and morale.
Why You Want To Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, including a flexible PTO program and a fun office environment. Our Bay Area office is conveniently located near Lake Merritt and 20th Street, just three blocks from BART. Whether it is delivering the best possible service to our clients, or competing in an office-wide curling competition, we welcome the dedicated and the driven. Join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:
Coffman at a Glance:
- 40 years in business
- 500+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 16 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- 70+ employees in 9 offices, providing Fire Protection services since 2014
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.