Head of Assessment Research (Remote - US)
- 201 California St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
- Employees can work remotely
CodeSignal is a fast-growing technology company helping the world #GoBeyondResumes in tech recruiting. Our state-of-the-art cloud IDE and research-based assessments allow our customers to create an effective technical interview experience and to place confidence in their assessment results. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
- Raising $25M in our Series B led by Menlo Ventures in Nov 2020
- Coming in at #3 on SaaS Mag’s “SaaS 1000” list in 2020
- Being listed among G2's Best Software Companies of 2020
- Receiving mention on CNBC’s 2019 Upstart 100 list
- Be helpful and empathetic. We believe that empathy is the foundation of building a great team, product, and service. We look at things from our users' perspective, and we always treat our users and each other with trust and respect.
- Take ownership. All of us are on this ship together. When you see a problem to fix or an area to improve, do it!
- Move quickly and make mistakes. We're not afraid to take risks. Be bold and try things; it's better to validate an idea quickly than to fall behind chasing perfection.
- Have a point of view and embrace debate. We value getting things right and don't stand on hierarchy. If you have an opinion, speak up, and you'll be heard.
CodeSignal’s Assessment Research team is at the heart of everything we do. Being on a mission to help the world #GoBeyondResumes through automated technical assessments, we take assessment research very seriously and spend copious resources on building, iterating, and validating our assessments that are poised to become an industry standard across various verticals. This role is an opportunity to lead the Assessment Research team, to define and own the strategy and to work with the leadership of the company to accomplish our mission.
To be successful in the role, on top of strong leadership skills, you will need to possess knowledge of different measurement approaches to evaluate knowledge, skills, and abilities, a strong psychometrics background, scientific survey methodology, validation, adverse impact analysis, and experience developing legally defensible talent evaluation programs. In this role, you will develop a global research strategy and program on how to more effectively evaluate talent for all of CodeSignal customers.
- Lead a team of highly experienced I/O Psychologists in validating and iterating on industry leading technical assessments created by CodeSignal for our phenomenal customers.
- Conduct and oversee psychometrics analyses, including validation and adverse impact studies, to evaluate the integrity and practical application of CodeSignal Assessments
- Develop and iterate on testing, experimenting, and evaluating content prior to the global launch
- Identify research streams to evaluate how to mitigate or remove sources of measurement error
- Partner closely and drive effective collaborations across multi-disciplinary research and product teams
- Manage the full life cycle of large scale research programs directly with our clients
- PhD in I/O Psychology and experience leading teams of I/O Psychologists to conduct validation research
- 5+ years of experience developing assessment and performance evaluations
- Advanced Statistics (Factor Analysis, Item Analysis, Adverse Impact Analysis, IRT, Regressions, MLM, SEM, HLM)
- Solid programming skills in at least one statistics program (R, SAS, Stata, Python, SPSS)
- Proficiency in managing, merging, and manipulating large datasets, R and SQL
- Proficient communications (written and verbal) of technical information for non-technical audience
- Experience partnering with engineers and tech to implement data-backed solutions into a product
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and program management skills
- Experience leading, managing, and developing science teams
- Deep expertise in legal defensibility of assessment and performance evaluation
- Experimental Research Methodology and Survey methodology
- Proficiency leading complex (beginning to end) research projects with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience providing thought leadership and consultation to educate and influence key stakeholders
- Experience demonstrating the down-stream business impact of research recommendations
- Adaptable, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.