CHEF INSTRUCTOR (Flexible Schedule)
- TBD, Portland, OR, United States
Backed by Y-Combinator, CocuSocial, one of the largest culinary experience marketplace in the US, is seeking several experienced chef instructors to teach recreational cooking and baking classes in the greater Chicago area. Every month, thousands of people join our fun cooking classes to make French macaron, sushi, pasta, pizza, cheese, dumpling, Spanish paella and Thai curry.
Our mission is to educate, entertain and bring people together through unique culinary experience. The Instructor will be responsible for organizing the entire class including purchasing ingredients, setting up, teaching and cleaning up.
Ideal candidate should be:
- An experienced chef instructor with at least 2 years teaching cooking class experience
- Someone loves to share his/her passion for cooking with other people and help them to learn
- Comfortable being in front of a crowd and making the group laugh and learn
We work with the best talent in the industry with the highest compensation and flexibility. Please make sure to write a brief proposal for a specific type of class you would like to teach for us in your application. Please refer to our existing classes on the website: https://cocusocial.com/.
Job Type: Contract
Experience in teaching hands-on cooking classes (2 years minimum)
Qualifying Certificate in Food Protection
Currently holds a Shared Kitchen User License, or is willing to apply for one
- This is a contractor job. Each instructor teaches about 1-2 classes per week.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.